Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2022, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Bad times with Mac Studio, HDN, and aurora 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindkind View Post
Spoke with Avid support. They think it is their HD Driver.

One extra think they did make sure i allowed full disk access to PT under system prefs>security>privacy. Didn't help.

Definitely at a loss. Curious of other people who have HDN running on an M1 max/pro/ultra. What enclosure are you using?

Only about a week left on my return window and maybe Avid updates their driver until the next release of PT at the earliest, which is who knows when.

Cool info guys. Thanks
I will have to try the HD Driver Loader tweak from another thread when I get a chance. I'm also having issues with my Mac Studio Max, HD Native PCI(Sonnet Echo 3 chassis), HD Omni, and Protools Ultimate 2021.12. The HD Driver shows up in Protools but it's not working correctly. Things ran fine for a day or so then the CPU spikes popped up. It seems like that old issue where the HD Driver spiked the CPU with no session loaded. If I do load a session it will not play no matter what buffer setting I select or what's checked or unchecked. I get 9093 errors with a buffer of 32-512 and 9129 if I set it to 1024. I have reinstalled the software, trash preferences, moved the plugin folder, switched the HD Native card to other slots in the Sonnet chassis, etc, etc, etc. Nothing works. When I select the Apollo Twin or the Mac Studio audio ProTools runs very smooth and shows how powerful the new computer operates. All the plugins I have installed seem to work as well. I even tried plugging the Apollo Twin into the 2nd TB port on the Echo 3 and ProTools still ran smooth. (Apollo > Echo3 > Mac Studio). In Logic I can select HD Native as the playback device and it loads. Logic will play but no audio comes out of the monitors and no movement shows on the track meters.

I'm still basically testing the Mac Studio before I switch over completely. I've tried everything I could think of. LOL I went as far as wiping the drive and reinstalled Monterey 12.3. Then I installed ProTools and the HD Driver only but got the same results with the spiked CPU. When I moved the plugin folder once more, start Protools, ProTools just creates a new plugin folder in its' place and adds about 28 of it's own plugins. So for now I will just use the Apollo Twin as the main audio interface to finish testing the new computer.

Also, the EUCON icon does not show in system preferences only the words show. The app does worked well with my iPad while controlling Protools. I thought it might be the issue so I uninstalled it. Nope, no change in the Protools CPU spikes with the HD Driver. lol

"please stop OVER-complicating simple things"
Old 04-14-2022, 12:55 PM

Did you set the lower security from recovery boot?
Old 04-14-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Did you set the lower security from recovery boot?

Yes sir.

Initially started out installing things one at a time and then testing it. I had most of the M1/Monterey plugins and/or software installed and things were good for about a day or so. After the total wipe I thought Protools would run well again but nope, same issue. What I did notice is if I uninstalled the HD Driver, deleted the Protools app, and reinstalled everything Protools would run correctly that first time. But once I closed and restarted Protools the cpu spikes popped up again.

"please stop OVER-complicating simple things"
Old 04-18-2022, 10:18 AM

Ive still not been experiencing the major issues that plagued me, the 9006 errors. Got some crackles when audio engine initializes once but i think its the digilink adapter cable.

Pro compressor is installed and all my other plugs. Things are ok.

Performance has not been exceptional, i can easily break PT with a single instance of falcon and a buffer of 512. So, that is hopefully going to be improved with a native release.