Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2002, 09:12 PM

Default 11002 DAE error - AGAIN

After 2 years of trouble free operation... my nemisis, the DAE 11002 error has reared it's head again, unfortunately during a high profile job for our studio.

I emplore to Digidesign once again....
Is there any solution to this problem? I receive emails every month from users like myself that need answers to this problem and I have to tell them every time...
Digidesign don't care. We are alone. And we paid full price for our systems.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:19 AM
Administrator

Default Re: 11002 DAE error - AGAIN

Could you perhaps give a bit more history on this along with a few symptoms? Maybe others know what you are talking about, but I don't have any reference. Are you sure the error number is 11002? That's not in the DAE error list.
Answerbase search for:
0 results

a search for the following, though does suggest a possibility:
Answerbase search for:
results:
http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=1002
Quote:
"Pro Tools has been altered (modified) by a virus or another application" when launching Pro Tools.

- The Pro Tools application and/or supporting files have been altered by a virus. Check all files on the application drive with Disinfectant.

- Corruption on the application drive exists. Check the entire drive with a diagnostic utility such as Norton Disk Doctor or Disk First Aid.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you haven't already done so, try replacing the Pro Tools application with a fresh copy from your Pro Tools CD.

Run an anti-virus program like NAV, Virex, etc. I would also run the ancient freeware utility [URL=http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/vir/disinfectant-371.hqx]Disinfectant[/URL ] . It has been known to find the MBDF A and B virus when Norton AV doesn't.

Run a drive utility:
Norton Disk Doctor
TechTool Pro
Disk Warrior

I have all three, but Disk Warrior is the one I prefer.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:08 PM

Hi Digi Web Admin, ( sorry, but you didn't give a name)

Here is the thread relating to my original problem:

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=16;t=002868

Here is an explanation from Digidesign.

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=16;t=002908

Here is a thread that consolidates the general consensus about this problem for users at the mercy of DAE Error 11002.

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=16;t=006651

Here is a thread explaining what Digidesign propose to do about the problem. This post was made over 1 year ago. And Digi Web Admin claim to have no knowledge of the problem.....

http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...;f=16;t=006830

There are actually 18 different threads within this subcategory of the user conference regarding DAE 11002 errors, quite simply just search this category with the the string 11002 and anyone can see how long and how deep this problem goes.

hope to hear from Digidesign soon...
Stuart
Old 04-17-2002, 04:55 PM

The -11002 error is a Mac OS error:

Category: Picture Utilities

-11002 pictInfoVerbErr

Explanation: The passed verb was invalid

------

Obviously it has something to do with drawing a graphic/icon/button, etc...

I haven't read all the threads, but things to look at are obviously the app, it's resources, the OS and then if all the systems that have this (unusual) problem share any particular hardware/driver.

Okay - just read your initial thread, and it makes sense... You only get this error when trying to playback a movie. Are you playing back to a QT window in PT or an external monitor when you get this error - or does it happen with either?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-17-2002, 06:23 PM

Hello Rail,

It only produces an error when outputing to an external monitor, not when outputing to a QT window.

Stuart
Old 04-17-2002, 08:15 PM

It sounds like a driver problem to me .. or a conflict -- which drivers for the fuse card do you have installed?

Which Mac OS are you running?

Which graphics card do you have in your Mac?

Have you tried pulling out the gPort (and it's driver) .. does that help?

Rail
Old 04-17-2002, 11:09 PM

Hi Rail,

Fuse Drivers 2.0.2

Mac OS 9.0.4

PCI Rage

Haven't tried pulling out the gport from the system. The system is unusable if we can't lock ProTools to MTC.
I'm not sure what points you towards the gport.... but I'll try and post our results.

With all due respect Rail, I have extensively troubleshot this error over almost 2.5 years, I think it's about time Digidesign came to this party. They have said they are looking into it. I don't beleive it, it has been 2 and a half years, with no update as to progress. I have logged fault reports and request for support with Tech Support US, Asia, and dealt through Australia and locally here in NZ. I could realistically spend weeks longer troubleshooting this problem, but with the complete lack of information that I have to deal with this problem, I have no idea where to start (again). I am more interested in getting answers from those who know what could be possibly happening i.e. Digidesign engineers. Otherwise in my opinion, it is a huge waste of my time.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Stuart
Old 04-17-2002, 11:25 PM

Stuart

The problem is that your system isn't working - while other people with similar hardware don't have this problem. The other problem is that Digi have been directing you in the wrong direction -- it appears that they've misdiagnosed the error message. I also haven't seen mention in any of the threads that the problem only occurs when using an external monitor vs. a QT window, which would take it out of the realm of being a Digi problem - but a hardware conflict/driver problem. Pro Tools sends the card the same data - it's the card's driver/control panel which is responsible for changing where it's displayed. If it were crashing when in the QT window, I'd be more apt to consider it being a Digi problem.

The reason I asked about removing the gPort, is because on the Aurora compato page, they mention there being problems with another serial converter.

I also believe most users are using the USD with the DigiSerial port - so the gPort isn't neccesary.

That would be my first suspect.

Good luck.

Rail
Old 05-21-2002, 02:41 AM

Hi Stuart,

I had a 9500 without any problem, but i have bought a G4 800 and after a couple of months i have started having those -11002 errors that you relate. I am geting crazy cause i haven΄t seen anywhere a solution.
I was wondering if you still are suffering that -11002 or not.
My configuration is this:
- G4 800/512 SDRAM MacOS 9.2.2
- PT 24 Mix Plus 5.1.1
- 4 slot: Atto pci dual channel
- 5 slot: Aurora fuse

I have tried moving the atto and the fuse between them without results.

Please if anybody (you Stuart or someone of digidesign) can help me i would really apreciate it.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Old 05-21-2002, 04:41 PM

I'm having the -11002 error.
I changed the Aurora Fuse by my older Miro DC-30.
I'll let you know what happend.