Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 02-09-2014, 11:18 AM

Default I have a midi keyboard and electric drum kit...I can only hear drum's midi playback

Hi,

I have been searching all last night and this morning for hours, and desperately need your help!

I just got an electric drum kit yesterday. I already own a midi keyboard which I use. So I have 2 midi devices now, both linked to my mac tower via usb.

The keyboard plays the midi fine while live and recording, and playing back. - - But this new drum kit I can only hear the midi when it plays back. Not while live or recording. When I track a part I see the midi notes being created into the track, but it's silent.

I'm using the Xpand 2 drum plugin. On an instrument track, the instrument levels bounce for both keyboard and drums - but the main output meter levels only bounce for the keyboard.

The keyboard I have is the Axiom pro with hyper control. Maybe it is somehow overriding it? Also in setup>peripherals>midi controllers - I see 4 slots labeled "typed #1 - #4. The #1 spot is filled with the axiom and the other 3 are empty. Can this be where the solution can get fixed? I tried messing with settings here but didn't result in a solution.

Please help!!! thanks