Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2016, 10:29 PM

Default Audio only coming out of one speaker.

Hey everyone, I am having an issue with the eleven rack going to Pro Tools. Sound from the computer to the eleven rack is sounding fine. And the guitars come through both speakers before I boot Pro Tools. However, when I go to Pro Tools, the computer audio goes through both headphone speakers but the Eleven Rack guitar sounds only go to my right speaker. When I record enable it, I also hear a clean guitar tone with nothing on it underneath.

Two things, I want to be able to hear out of both speakers when I play guitar. And I want to get rid of that clean guitar that turns on when I record enable, I just want to hear my guitar via Eleven Rack. Thanks
Old 02-25-2016, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Audio only coming out of one speaker.

Is the Eleven Rack the interface orbits it connected to your interface?

Pro Tools output will be going wherever you tell it to. Are you recording guitar to a stereo or mono audio track? If a mono track then pan it where you want it.

If you are new to Pro Tools then start with one of the Eleven Rack session templates.

If you are hearing clean guitar and the Eleven Rack is the interface then you must have a dry guitar track record enabled.

start over with a simple session template and play around with that until you understand the signal flow.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:17 AM

I had it working briefly but I kept hearing clipping noises. I didn't have a driver installed so I installed it thinking that would be the issue but now it's not detecting it in Pro tools. I checked the connected devices setting and it shows the Eleven rack connected but it says "driver is unavailable."
Old 02-26-2016, 10:35 AM

How about *any* specific useful info....What exact Eleven Rack driver version, what OS version. What Pro Tools version. Post a Sandra report if a PC. See the "help us help you" link up top of this and every other web page.

The Eleven Rack will not have worked at all without a driver installed so your comment there does not make sense.

Are you trying to use the Eleven Rack as the interface or is it connected to some other interface? Or are you trying yo use your computer's own internal audio?

Did you follow the documentation/steps to install the Eleven Rack driver? (The Eleven Rack should not have bee. connected, and if on Windows you certainly should not have used Plug and Play).

Power off the Eleven Rack reboot the computer. Power on the eleven rack. Start pro tools, hold down the 'N' key, keep it held down. When prompted select the Eleven Rack as the playback engine. Open a new session using one of the eleven rack templates. Go to setup>IO and on each of the input, output and bus pages click the Default button. Does this now work (When you record arm the E.Guitar track)?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-26-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:13 PM

Not sure if I should bump this thread or start a new one. Sorry, I'm new...

My problem is the same, but the circumstances are different. Right now, my sessions play fine through both speakers, virtual instruments play fine through both speakers, but when I play my guitar "live," I only get the left speaker.

This hasn't always been the case. I've been running PT 11.1.3 with Eleven Rack 1.1.7 on a Windows 7 Machine for a couple years, and this has never happened before.

However, last night, I saw that there was a new Eleven Rack editor, so I grabbed the latest drivers. Then I realized you have to have the Expansion Pack to use the editor. I don't have the expansion pack because I don't have $100 at the moment. So, I uninstalled the new drivers and reinstalled the 1.1.7 driver and that's where I am now.

Any idea why guitar would only come through the left monitor?
Old 06-22-2016, 08:04 PM

You you should have started a new thread.

Is the Eleven Rack completely stand alone? USB cable to the PC removed from the Eleven Rack? Nothing connected to the FX loop in/out and you are playing an electric guitar connected to the Guitar In.. correct?

What monitors are connected to the mains Out? if you swap them on main L/R does the sound follow them?

What happens when you connect a headphone to the Eleven Rack headphone socket?

What happens if you switch rigs to another preset (not a user preset) in the Eleven Rack?

If you are only every hearing stuff on one monitor what are the Eleven rack meters showing... scroll to the right on the front panel display.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:39 PM

Thank you for your help! I'll start a new thread next time. Sorry.

To answer your questions:
When I use the Eleven Rack as a stand alone device, I get guitar out of both monitors. It's not until I open PT that it all gets channeled to the left speaker. There are no effects loops.

I've got KRK Rokit5's. If I swap them, it's still just the left monitor that produces sound.

When I plug some headphones into the phones jack, I only get sound out of the left as well.

As far as I can tell, this is happening for every single rig. I've tried most, if not all.

When I head over to Meters in my Eleven Rack, Main Outs and headphones only show levels for the left. However, others, like outs to amp, digital out, and effects send, all have levels for both left and right.

I hope this helps. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyseven View Post
Thank you for your help! I'll start a new thread next time. Sorry.

To answer your questions:
When I use the Eleven Rack as a stand alone device, I get guitar out of both monitors. It's not until I open PT that it all gets channeled to the left speaker. There are no effects loops.

I've got KRK Rokit5's. If I swap them, it's still just the left monitor that produces sound.

When I plug some headphones into the phones jack, I only get sound out of the left as well.

As far as I can tell, this is happening for every single rig. I've tried most, if not all.

When I head over to Meters in my Eleven Rack, Main Outs and headphones only show levels for the left. However, others, like outs to amp, digital out, and effects send, all have levels for both left and right.

I hope this helps. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.
Not likely an Eleven Rack problem.

Very likely a Pro Tools user problem.

Open Pro Tools with the Eleven Rack as the playback engine
Create a new empty session (not from a template/not a copy of a current session), say 44kHz.
Track>New create a new *stereo* *audio* (not instrument) track.
Drag and drop a known good commercial stereo mp3 or similar song onto that track.
Press play

Do you hear that out of both monitors?
Out of both sides of headphones?
What are the Eleven Rack meters doing now?

If that works try a new session using an Eleven Rack template, does that work as expected? Click coming out both channels? Guitar coming out both channels when you play?

Still having problems? Post details of the computer are you? What exact version of Pro Tools? Post screen shots showing the Pro Tools mix and edit windows clearly showing the IO assignments and all tracks.