Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2020, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Shuttle Lock Speeds with Bluetooth Numeric Keypad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
It is impossible to know if Karabiner will help without knowing what key codes are being generated, if they are the same key codes as any keys on the main keyboard then tools like Karabina cannot help. I would do what the OP is doing and find a keyboard that just works.
Ok, so I returned the numeric keyboard, and now I'm typing the first words on my new bluetooth keyboard (full, not numeric).

Will you let know how this goes. About to edit this week's podcast shortly, and really hoping I can use '9' with shuttle lock to speed up the workflow.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:37 PM

It works :)

CTRL + 9 (changed the custom shuttle speed to 140% in Pro Tools preferences) and off it goes.

I wish I could stay in 'smart tool' mode though. Maybe Pro Tools will update that one day.

This feels like progress though. I hope this thread may help someone in the future.

(Update: Pro Tools does actually return to 'smart tool' mode once playback is stopped. Genius Avid! I love you, thank you Avid)!

Last edited by thierryhenry; 11-07-2020 at 06:45 PM. Reason: To update/correct re: smart tool
Old 12-03-2020, 09:07 AM

I am bumping into a similar (but not quite the same) problem regarding the use of modifier keys with a separate numeric keypad.

My keypad does seem to send the correct values, however the modifier keys aren't caught correctly, e.g. when I need to press Control+0 or anything similar, the Control is not recognised as part of the key commend.

I have this one: NewerTech NWTKPA2 8BTW Numeric Keypad Numeric Keyboard.

Is there a way to fix this, maybe in macOS?
Old 12-03-2020, 10:12 AM

Solved, using Karabiner!

Excellent description can be found here: https://www.scoringnotes.com/news/us...and-karabiner/.