Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-09-2001, 09:05 AM

Default stop & play from markers?

Is there anyway Protools can be made to stop at the next marker and then made to play from that same marker ( much as in wavelab or soundscape)? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks

RayS
Old 08-10-2001, 06:13 AM
Avid

Default Re: stop & play from markers?

-The only way to do this is if your marker includes a selection of audio (in which case it is really called a memory location). Otherwise, there is no way to have Pro Tools stop playback at marker points.

-You may always jump to (and then start playback) any marker location by either clicking the marker in the memory Locations Window or by setting the Numerical Keypad to "Classic" (Setups>Preferences>Operations window) and typing the number of the marker followed by a period/decimal (.)

Brent

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: DigiTechSupt ]
Old 08-10-2001, 07:39 AM

I just tried this and it works like a charm.

Go to >set ups menu> operations> (deselect) “timeline insertion follows playback”

2. Highlight the area you want to play back up to the stop point then press enter on the numeric keypad. This will give you the memory location menu and will allow you to insert a marker at the exact beginning of your selection.

3. Drop in a second maker at the end of your selection.

4. On the memory location palette, click on the first location you created, then SHIFT click on the second location. (This highlights the area that you wanted to playback)

5. Hit the spacebar. The selection plays to the exact end of the selection and stops.
Hit spacebar again and it will play back from the exact stop point.

Setting up multiple start and end point memory locations and using the ‘click then shift click” method on the memory location palette will give you lots of control over specific play back and stop points.

Hope that helps.

dk
Old 08-10-2001, 09:15 AM

Thanks dk,
but this will only enable 1 set of markers for playback . This would be impractical for use in a theatre show and starting playback of cues directly from the Mac keyboard.I was looking for a simple way to program PT to stop at markers ( as a preference ) that way when ever there is a marker PT stops and ,upon hitting the spacebar ,starts playback from that position.

Thanks again

RayS

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: RayS ]
Old 08-10-2001, 09:44 AM

Try this -

Store multiple selections as memory locations. Type the number of the one you want to play and then "."

It will only play what is stored as a selection in each memory location.

This method requires more than just hitting the space bar, but it does give you the advantage of knowing the effect your about to fire. Throwing SFX on the timeline in order would make me nervous(oops, I missed a cue and forgot to locate to the next marker)
Old 02-27-2011, 12:30 PM

Hi!
I work in theathre too and try to figure this out.
I have an idea by using midi track for sending Conroller (i think 35 on value 127) form output back to input. But there is a problem with setting up MMC device.
I try to find any software midi conroller. Any idea?

Or - To Avid: Please: Set this option up as quick as possible