How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2018, 11:27 PM

Default Trouble Finding Plugins / Library-preferences-avid folder non existent

Hello,

I am unable to locate a bunch of plugins I previously used in protools in the software and I am unable to get a new plugin I have downloaded to be recognized (fb3300). I can see various plugins when I go to the library - audio - plugins menu. I have various AU and VST plugins, the latter which I believe do not work with protools.

In trying to solve the issue, the main suggestion I have found is to delete protools preferences from library>preferences>avid, but when I navigate there, there is no avid data or folder under preferences.

Any suggestions for how I should go about trying to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-20-2018, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Trouble Finding Plugins / Library-preferences-avid folder non existent

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello,

I am unable to locate a bunch of plugins I previously used in protools in the software and I am unable to get a new plugin I have downloaded to be recognized (fb3300). I can see various plugins when I go to the library - audio - plugins menu. I have various AU and VST plugins, the latter which I believe do not work with protools.

In trying to solve the issue, the main suggestion I have found is to delete protools preferences from library>preferences>avid, but when I navigate there, there is no avid data or folder under preferences.

Any suggestions for how I should go about trying to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Mike
First always a good idea and time saver to post your system specifics when asking for help (see my signature line) . because answers are often system specific for both PT version and OS version and sometimes hardware as well.

That said: #1 Pro Tools cannot use VST or AU format plugins newer versions use AAX older versions use RTAS

The preference file location is also specific to PT and OS version

Here is a page from sweetwater on trashing preferences
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...s-preferences/

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 05-20-2018, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Trouble Finding Plugins / Library-preferences-avid folder non existent

I experienced the same issue. The only thing in my Avid folder was my Eleven Rack. See if you have a digidesign folder. I do, and I was able to trash ProTools from there. Not sure what version of PT you have but I have ProTools 9MP. Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:04 AM

You can use my app Trasher in my signature. Both Mac and PC versions. It can automatically delete specific files, open folders, among other things.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 05-23-2018, 02:08 AM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340741

Cheers,
Pete