How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Structure Not Importing SampleCell BANKS or Envelope data

Perhaps I'm missing out on something ....but

1. It appears that only SampleCell Instrument files, and not SampleCell Banks can be opened in Structure. It allows me to drag in the Bank, but nothing happens. Works fine for Instrument files. Even the lousy SampleTank allows for importing of SampleCell Banks.

2. In the previous SampleCell Editor or SoftSample Cell software, you had 3 Envelope settings with regards to the instrument. I noticed that these envelope settings are NOT imported in Structure. For example, Envelope 3 (Amplitude) for a particular SampleCell Instrument like SYNTH STRINGS might have a setting of Attack (0.99sec), Decay (57sec), Sustain Level (-15db) and Release (4.0sec). None of the info seems to get imported. I'm sure I'm missing out on something, otherwise this sucks big time ...

Samhein
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Avid

Default Re: Structure Not Importing SampleCell BANKS or Envelope data

Structure does not currently support loading SampleCell Banks.

As far as SampleCell's Amplitude Envelope (Env 3), The envelope values in Structure are not the same as in SampleCell because they have different scalings. The amplitude envelope is imported and the Instrument should sound like it did when played in SampleCell. It's just the displayed values that are incorrect, in that they're different than the original envelope values.

The AIR group is aware of these issues.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:52 PM

Here's hoping the AIR group addresses the Samplecell Banks issue, and in addition to converting/loading the instruments in banks, correctly interprets the original MIDI channel assignments.

I have spent countless hours recreating banks and deciphering channel assignments in Pro Tools sessions.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM

Alternately, an application that could analyze a bank and provide the Instrument names and their respective MIDI assignments would be really great.