Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-22-2019, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Issues connecting PreSonus 16.4.2 to new IMac

Am I being locked out of answering questions??? Or what is going on????

I tried to add this to my previous Thread but got timed out or locked out or????

Why in the world would anyone expect to be talked down to in a condescendong manner when asking a question & not expect to be treated equally??? They're no better than anyone else... I'm sure there are areas where they're not genius' & have to ask questions.. Is that how they expect & want to be treated?
Old 08-23-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsongs View Post
I looked up that Acronym & didn't find anywhere..... If all this Software is so simple & straight forward why would anyone ever even have to be bothered looking into OSX AMS or all the other Tech Support stuff that I see tons of questions about on this Forum????

The Computer was diagnosed as having a defect. As I mentioned previously. It's being replaced.. If so much knowledge is here where is the info on repairing Computers????

In my experience, I ask a question because I can't find the answer. The response is generally condescending... Like in this Thread...
You didn't have to look anything up because I said what it was in parentheses in my original post. I'm not going to repeat it again because it was right there in post #15 and again in post #17.

It's not condescension but frustration when people here post things to help you and you don't read & follow what's right on the page. I'm done trying to help you as I'm sure many others are also done.

QAPLA!
Old 08-23-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You didn't have to look anything up because I said what it was in parentheses in my original post. I'm not going to repeat it again because it was right there in post #15 and again in post #17.

It's not condescension but frustration when people here post things to help you and you don't read & follow what's right on the page. I'm done trying to help you as I'm sure many others are also done.
Once again, I answered Yes we tried that already previously.

I thought because you dismissed my answer that AMS must mean something else...

I've had several experiences with Pre Sonus & Apple Tech Support. I've NEVER encountered anyone being condescending or talking down to me. Exactly the opposite.. They have been Professionals who want to assist People who need answers & solutions. Not argue & tell us how frustrated they are. Then threats of being done with me.. Wow! What a positive & elevating experience...

Like I said, I've come to expect from some here. It's not constructive.

This Forum could be better but there needs to be less insulting by those who are supposed to be helping. So we don't have to be Defensive..... Neither of us needs it.

In fact I am under the impression that's part of the ?Rules of this Forum....

Talk about frustrated!!!!

Last edited by larsongs; 08-30-2019 at 10:05 PM.