Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2019, 10:40 AM

Default PG PT WAV Checker

It's a little used utility but I've updated the WAV checker software - now version 1.1.0. You can now save the list of files that have errors as a text file - good idea from Marco Bernardo. Also, the MacOS version is now 64 bit.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 08-27-2019, 05:00 AM

Default Re: PG PT WAV Checker

Hi Pete,

slightly off-topic but I was wondering if you knew a trick to bulk-inject ProTools file IDs into "clean" BWAVs in a way that it drills through sub-folders and gives all the BWAVs a PT compatible ID?

Application is to "stamp" a folder with floor sound with IDs before distributing them to a bigger team so each team member is looking at the same file IDs to speed up relinking.

Currently the only method I know is to import all the BWAVS into an empty PT session so that PT gives them IDs. Downside being that PT's file import doesn't drill through sub-folders so you have to do this one by one for every floor sound folder from the shoot which can be quite a bit of donkey work on a series with 100 days of shooting.

I was wondering if you had a better idea for this!

Thanks for sharing your clever tools with us!

Frank.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post

Currently the only method I know is to import all the BWAVS into an empty PT session so that PT gives them IDs. Downside being that PT's file import doesn't drill through sub-folders so you have to do this one by one for every floor sound folder from the shoot which can be quite a bit of donkey work on a series with 100 days of shooting.

I was wondering if you had a better idea for this!

Thanks for sharing your clever tools with us!

Frank.
Do a file search by type from the top folder and then drag/drop results into ProTools. This is also possible with smart folders on macOS
Old 08-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Hi Pete,

slightly off-topic but I was wondering if you knew a trick to bulk-inject ProTools file IDs into "clean" BWAVs in a way that it drills through sub-folders and gives all the BWAVs a PT compatible ID?

Application is to "stamp" a folder with floor sound with IDs before distributing them to a bigger team so each team member is looking at the same file IDs to speed up relinking.

Frank.
Ahhhh, yes, you're the second person to ask for this. I can do it, and wouldn't charge for it as usual (I may do Some projects that aren't free at some point) but the thing that's made me resist so far is that it's destructive and if it should corrupt a weirdly formatted WAV file or something people could understandably get a bit cross with me!

Pete
Old 08-27-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Do a file search by type from the top folder and then drag/drop results into ProTools. This is also possible with smart folders on macOS
Ah, great idea, Thanks!
Old 08-27-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Ahhhh, yes, you're the second person to ask for this. I can do it, and wouldn't charge for it as usual (I may do Some projects that aren't free at some point) but the thing that's made me resist so far is that it's destructive and if it should corrupt a weirdly formatted WAV file or something people could understandably get a bit cross with me!

Pete
Yeah, I guess you're right. But the idea posted above is simple and should work fine.

Thanks Pete!