Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 03-27-2023, 01:00 PM

Default Plug-ins for the SC48

Hi All, A Venue I work at upgraded to the Venue SC48 and I decided to give the Waves Ultimate Subscription a shot to use some of the plug-ins on the SC48.

I have everything on a thumb drive that reads on the console no issue. So now my question is how do I install the plug-ins in the plug-ins area that I would like to use. The standard bundle is already installed.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I am a novice at this so please be gentle...
Old 04-02-2023, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Plug-ins for the SC48

Hate to break this to you, but you wasted your money. Waves stopped supporting TDM based plugins in January of 2016.

"Waves Will No Longer Support TDM From January 2016
As of January 2016, Waves have announced that they will stop supporting the TDM format. Any plug-ins installed or updated via the Waves Central application will not support TDM and will cause previously installed plug-ins to not support TDM."

Not sure if the SC48 supported a MADI card, but maybe you could find one if it does and put together some sort of Live Professor based rack mount PC rig so that you can still use all the new Waves stuff. That's about the only way you're going to get Waves on an SC48 at this time.
Old 04-03-2023, 05:59 AM

emluper,
I understand what you mean, however I did try and V9 got installed and about 40% of what I saw on the list got installed. Such as the SSL Channel items. That was the biggest thing I wanted so I am pretty happy. After my surgery when I'm back working at the venue I get to hear what they do... It'll be interesting for a Led Zeppelin Tribute....

Thanks for the heads up, thinking about exactly what you said just not sure what I would need since the console is a little before my time of the X/M32 series which I know inside and out....
Old 04-04-2023, 07:58 AM

Glad you got it figured out. Keep in mind as you move on to other platforms, all of the manufacturers list their plugin compatibility somewhere. If you check before you purchase, you'll be fine. Just make sure to check for the specific desk that you'll be using.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:02 AM

SC48 would support every TDM plugin out there. Some developers just have not bothered to create VENUE installer. Go find out what you can install.