Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2016, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Just paid my yearly upgrade PT fee, feeling ill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
Just wondering if Avid will ever answer the question:

Will Core Audio ever be fixed in El Capitan (or any Mac version for that matter). For those who don't know, customers who own Pro Tools HD Native cards and Interfaces like the 192 can only use Pro Tools with the Avid Core Audio driver, no other DAWs will work with the drivers. So you can't use Studio One for example to track. This blows! Who agrees?
That almost sounds intentional. Reminds me of back when PT wouldn't run unless you had one of their audio interfaces/glorified dongles attached.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robitaille20 View Post
Ummm you just drop the Dual Pan plugin on the track and boom.
https://youtu.be/lefoAkVjkZA
Yeah really simple when you need it and Studio One comes with this plugin. As is in Pro Tools this is really useful with stereo tracks when you want to adjust the stereo width of the track as well as swaping L/R channels etc. Give them time and I'm sure it wont be long before you have both options just like in Pro Tools but this is not a big deal for me espacially compared to all the other features you get with Studio One that Pro Tools doesn't have.

Last edited by zion; 08-29-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robitaille20 View Post
Ummm you just drop the Dual Pan plugin on the track and boom.
https://youtu.be/lefoAkVjkZA

**Edit.. I just noticed that you did state the plugin info.. sorry about that! But it's not THAT big of a deal in the end.
How do you get dual pans on a stereo send?

And a plugin just to pan is a lousy workaround, just like things I work around in ProTools. Why trade one programs workarounds for another? It has to be good before it makes sense to spend the time and effort to actually change software.

It's not a big deal to you, but to me it is. Pro audio stuff should have true panners. Seeing how that got overlooked, I have no doubt there will be more such overlooked pro features that would be missing if I actually started taking the time to migrate. And by the time I find out workarounds for all the new nuisances, why should I have changed platforms in the first place, especially when I'm already on the platform that has wide adoption among my professional peers?

It may seem like I'm being a fanboy, but that's not the case. I would love real options. But I've actually been poking around in a lot of the popular DAWs these days look for viable alternatives, and really have not been impressed.

Last edited by Philthy; 08-29-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
Just wondering if Avid will ever answer the question:

Will Core Audio ever be fixed in El Capitan (or any Mac version for that matter). For those who don't know, customers who own Pro Tools HD Native cards and Interfaces like the 192 can only use Pro Tools with the Avid Core Audio driver, no other DAWs will work with the drivers. So you can't use Studio One for example to track. This blows! Who agrees?
I have serious doubt! It looks like apple may fix it with the next OS. The part that bothers me is what if later in the next Apple update or upgrade its broken again. Will Avid take the same posture as they did with E I Capitan and Yosemite? Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:17 AM

Does Logic still have that horrendous fade implementation where you have to use the numbers on that little info window on the left to adjust them? Makes editing audio insanely tedious. Otherwise, I used to really love that program. Might dive back in for VI work.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
Does Logic still have that horrendous fade implementation where you have to use the numbers on that little info window on the left to adjust them? Makes editing audio insanely tedious. Otherwise, I used to really love that program. Might dive back in for VI work.
I feel that away about the PT MIDI merge sustain pedal bug? I noticed this issue in PT 9. There are multiple threads about it.

I use Cubase Pro 8 almost exclusively now. However, I check this and other forums during downtime. Your post made me wonder if (three whole versions later, plus a yearly subscription fee) something so fundamental has been fixed.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnnspv View Post
I feel that away about the PT MIDI merge sustain pedal bug? I noticed this issue in PT 9. There are multiple threads about it.
That very embarassing bug was introduced in PT8 and has been on/off ever since