Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2014, 07:17 AM

Default Re: (-1166) Firmware issue Mac Pro / Native PCIe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
He's not the only one to confirm this. Someone else mentioned it as well, that HD Native hardware will work with the non-HD PT11 or 10 license. I assume that means they don't have the extra features. I don't know if this is something Avid overlooked, or if they changed it to be this way. If so, it opens up more possibilities for people to buy second hand HD Native hardware and use it with an existing non-HD license, if they don't need the extra software features.
For me sounds more like an unexpected feature, because normally you can't buy the HD Native card without one I/O and software.
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 AM

Right, but this might make it easier for someone looking for used stuff on Ebay, for example buying a HDN card only, and an HD interface, and then getting a regular Protools license transferred from someone. Personally, I'd rather have the full HD software features, though.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:09 AM

Following other threads. Running in to THE SAME problem. It looks like physically MOVING the card to a different slot is what it takes. Ran the Native Card Flasher again (after moving the card) and now it worked.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:35 AM

Still an unsupported configuration...
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins