How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-21-2017, 08:30 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Default Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Dear Pro Tools Users,

We are happy to announce the release of Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2, a free update for our comprehensive distortion and amp simulation plug-in.

This new version of the plug-in mainly brings user interface and workflow enhancements, with a new zoom feature to scale the graphical user interface, improved presets management, Retina displays support and a new installer on Mac. Several bug fixes and other improvements are included as well (full list below).

Also, new free "legendary guitar tone" presets are available for download from our website. Crafted by guitarist Hans Van Even, they match the tone of famous guitar performances (details and video demos here).

What's New in Destructor 1.2
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- New installer on Mac.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac.
- Misc performance enhancements.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed: the state of the plug-in was not fully restored when loading presets while bypassed.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-in formats.

As usual, updates are available for free to existing customers, using the link received by email upon purchase. New customers can purchase the plug-in with 10% off until December 5th.

Enjoy!
Old 11-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Default Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Blue Cat's Destructor 1.21 maintenance release is now available! It is recommended to update to this new version as it fixes a bug in version 1.2 that could impact the sound of the plug-in.

What's new in Destructor 1.21:
-Fixed issue with dynamics source selection in the destruction module (worked only with preamp signal in version 1.2).
Old 03-20-2018, 06:43 AM
Blue Cat Audio

Default Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.3 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Dear Pro Tools Users,

We are happy to announce Destructor 1.3, a free update for our distortion and amp simulation plug-in.

This new version of the plug-in includes a new minimized amp-style view, multiple performance enhancements, new clean guitar amp presets and several other improvements (full list below).

The update is free for existing customers, available from the same location as the original download (link received by email upon purchase). If you do not have the plug-in yet, check out the demo versions available on http://www.bluecataudio.com or our Destructor videos.

New in Blue Cat's Destructor v1.3:
- New minimized view (displays only the main "Guitar Amp-style" controls).
- New clean guitar amp presets.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- Limiter on/off state is now independent from presets ("always locked").
- UI lock now also includes control settings display (green arrows).
- Performance and memory usage improvements (both GUI and DSP).
- Improved automation recording (and undo) in many host applications when controlling the plug-in with MIDI.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application's bypass state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.

Enjoy!
Old 03-20-2018, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.3 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
Dear Pro Tools Users,

We are happy to announce Destructor 1.3, a free update for our distortion and amp simulation plug-in.

This new version of the plug-in includes a new minimized amp-style view, multiple performance enhancements, new clean guitar amp presets and several other improvements (full list below).

The update is free for existing customers, available from the same location as the original download (link received by email upon purchase). If you do not have the plug-in yet, check out the demo versions available on http://www.bluecataudio.com or our Destructor videos.

New in Blue Cat's Destructor v1.3:
- New minimized view (displays only the main "Guitar Amp-style" controls).
- New clean guitar amp presets.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- Limiter on/off state is now independent from presets ("always locked").
- UI lock now also includes control settings display (green arrows).
- Performance and memory usage improvements (both GUI and DSP).
- Improved automation recording (and undo) in many host applications when controlling the plug-in with MIDI.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application's bypass state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.

System requirements:
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.

Enjoy!

Hey guys, how do you download the update? There’s no user login on your site, plus I don’t have an account that I know of, and there’s no update download area. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:04 PM

It’s written in the first post.

Search your email, the one that has your serial number for the plugin, and you’ll see there’s a DL link for the plugin.

Tip - bookmark that link for future reference as the updates installers are always in the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 06:31 PM

One of like two blue cat plugins I don't have.. have everything else.. dynamics most underrated compressor plugin of all time. MB-7 And patchwork absolute essentials.

I don't have any need for this at all because i am so covered in this territory, but just wanted to give a heads up that i am sure it would rock being blue cat!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
It’s written in the first post.

Search your email, the one that has your serial number for the plugin, and you’ll see there’s a DL link for the plugin.

Tip - bookmark that link for future reference as the updates installers are always in the same place.

Hey Sardi, thanks for the info. Totally non intuitive website but your info helps for sure as I didn’t read the intitial post thoroughly enough.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Hey Sardi, thanks for the info. Totally non intuitive website but your info helps for sure as I didn’t read the intitial post thoroughly enough.
totally intuitive website with clearly marked downloads for each version.

Just an alternative opinion :)

What i wish we could see more of are skins, and the ones that ARE there for everything look terrible on retina...

I am getting so tired of all the black in everything these days. These amps are the nicest coloured blue cat plugins in ages..

I wish stuff like protector adopted that blue.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post

I’m not a fan of the site either, but I’m a big fan of the company.

Fantastic and prompt support and great presence on user forums.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:20 AM
Blue Cat Audio

We apologize for the inconvenience for the download. If you keep your registration emails in a safe place (which is necessary for the registration code anyway), it should not be a big deal to download the latest versions.

We are (slowly) adapting our plug-ins to the new visual identity, also including zooming capabilities to adapt to your display (and eyes). It just takes quite a bit of time to update them all!