Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 AM

Default Could not complete the Open Session?

So I was in the process of bouncing a mix to disk when I realized that I didn't cut out the click track. I tried to Escape out of the bounce and Pro Tools froze. It continued to bounce to disk but I couldn't move/control anything until it finished (and the resulting .MP3 file sounded fine). However, now anytime I try to open ANY session I get this error: "Could not complete the Open Session... command because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000004 at address: 0x1005B153 in module: CFnd.dll".
Currently I can't open any session or start any new ones. I've tried uninstalling from the PT file. Didn't help. I uninstalled using PT Nuke. Didn't help. After each fresh install it gives me this same error. Anyone have any other suggestions before I run an Image restore on my whole system?

Last edited by nmeisyou; 04-19-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: include signature.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the Open Session?

Try this: Reboot the computer, Go to your Pro Tools Session Drive were you record all of your songs, Go to a file that you know works from like a couple weeks months ago, go into the backup files and open the second to last back up in that session. If it opens go to the? IM trying to think IM at my day job? go to the engine and put the Sample Rate at 512, and the cache and everyting else to the lowest setting and click OK. Play that song and then close the Song, Pro Tools and then Reboot the computer, then restart and Load the Song that messed it from the second to last Backup file in the record drive? I hope this works.

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Well it worked and it didn't. I opened an old song via the 2nd to last backup session file and it loaded right up! I adjusted my settings as suggested, let the song play and then re-booted. I tried to launch the problem session using the session backups and I still got the access violation error. And even better, I now get the error when I try to open the old song that it first worked on.
It definitely felt like a step in the right direction! Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a recording session coming up in a week and I'd hate to have to cancel.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:57 PM

OK, You are going in the right direction. Go into the backup session folder. The Backups will have ones that are (Example) 1000K and 650K, open the one with the most amount of memory space do not touch the backup that dont have as much memory space. Now since you have had this error from now on if you want to Load the song that started all of this you are going to have to look at the backup session and choose the latest one with the higher memory amount. Once you do this you can not open any other songs without re-booting the coputer. I would try this and hopefully it will work? if it does you will have to open from the backup everytime from now on for that song, so I would try and finish that song as fast as you can and bounce it to a 2 track and dont open it again unless you have to, Yes its a pain but hopefully it will work. Let me know I will be on for the rest of the night.

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 09-15-2010, 04:12 PM

I hope Im at the right thread. I picked up a Fast Track and it came with Protools M-Powered. I Installed ProTools M-Powered Essentials 8.0.3 on my PC. Im running Windows 7 64-bit. When i load ProTools and try to create a session from a template i get this error message

"Could not complete the Open Session... command because Access Violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x00000004 at adress: 0x01D8B153 in module: CFnd.dll."

I tried to uninstall and Reinstall it 2 times still isnt working at all. always a blank pro tools window with that message. The Fast Track device works i can see it on my pc and it works with Acid Pro