Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-06-2007, 04:54 AM

Default .. Could not complete \"Open Session..\"

Hi All!
In a recent project, I tried to open the session. There were missing fades so I tried to skip them first, and then I got kicked out of the session with the announcement: 'Could not complete the "Open Session.." command because: Assertion in "UFadeRgn.cpp", line 499'. I've tried to solve this problem, Using the information I found searching the database, with no success. When trying to import the session data to a new session, most of the files are missing. I couldn't delete the corrupted fade (because I got kicked out of the session, of course), and unfortunately I don't have an earlier version of the session because it was the first recording session in the series.

My question is, is there any way I can open this session and continue working, or do I have to record everything all over again? It's very frustrating to see the edit window with all the tracks and not be able to access them..

Is this problem a consequence of a certain working habit that should be avoided? I have around 5 years of experience working with ProTools, and this is the first time I encounter such a problem.

Thanks a lot!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: .. Could not complete \"Open Session..\"

Your posting is a bit confusing.

You should have a sessions backup folder that you can try launching from? unless your session was less than 5 minutes old, the default auto-backup time period that is set in preferences.

Did you try trashing the Digidesign Databases on all drives, Preferences and volumes folder?

Try trashing the fades folder too if they are corrupt. Pro Tools can regenerate them upon launching the session, and maybe you can do a import session data into a new session and recover some of your work.

Read over the general troubleshooting sticky on how to do much of what I described. Good Luck.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Re: .. Could not complete \"Open Session..\"

Thank you very much Johnny.
Before posting this thread, I also looked for the session backup files, but I haven't seen any backup folder, maybe this option was turned off for some time and I didn't notice it.

I did trash the Digidesign Databases, but only on the drive where the problematic session is recorded. Also trashed the Fade Files folder, but that didn't work.

I will try to trash these folders again, including the Preferences and Volumes folder, and see if it works.

Couldn't recover the session trying to import data into a new session, by the way.

Thanks again.