Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 06-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Pace Sytem Files Installer

I am running Pro-Tools TDM 5.3.3 with an 888/24 on a Windows XP SP1 system. I wanted to intall and run the free Bomb Factory Plug-Ins specifically for the Meter Bridge. I downloaded the TDM version, but when I run the installer I get an error that reads "pace system files installer failed to run."

Any idea what is going on? Is there a fix short of complete upgrade? I work for a major broadcaster and upgrades are hard to push through.

Dave
Old 06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pace Sytem Files Installer

The free BF plug-ins only work in Pro Tools 6 or higher.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:01 AM

That's what I was afraid of. Can I upgrade to the newer software without exchanging my 888/24?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 06-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Hi,

The specially priced upgrade ($35 in the US) for MIX owners is only available on the DigiStore:
http://store.digidesign.com

Look under Pro Tools Legacy Upgrades on the US store, listed on the left side. Or under Pro Tools Upgrades on the European stores. You will be able to choose either a download of Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 or the Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 CD.

Your MIX system does not have to be registered, and you do not need to have any previous installation of Pro Tools to use the full installers, which only work with MIX systems. You will be able to download after you order, and you will also automatically be sent the Pro Tools TDM 6.4.1 CD.

Pro Tools 6.4.1 is the last version that will work with MIX systems. For compatibility information, please see the MIX links in the Compatibility Documents section in Support:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato

Pro Tools|24 MIX, MIXplus, MIX3

Pro Tools 6.4.1 for Mac OS X 10.3
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/osx/mix/

Pro Tools 6.4.1 for Windows XP
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/xp/mix/