Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2015, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Shift + fader sets level to 0db

So you're basically using a ProTools rig as a live mixer?
Old 03-26-2015, 01:14 PM

No, I'm using Metric Halo's MIO Console. I don't use Protools at all.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:24 PM

Ok, that I know nothing about..
Old 03-26-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiz View Post
Try..it's the same as option/click on fader in mix window. It goes to 0db. Just hold down the option key and touch fader on the artist mix.
Option+Fader doesn't work on my system. Nothing happens. The Mix faders don't move, nor do the DAW faders.

Did you do something to enable Option+Fader or did it work that way, right out of the box?
Old 03-26-2015, 01:51 PM

Are you in ProTools?
Old 03-26-2015, 01:54 PM

In ProTools if you hold down the alt/option key on Mac and click on the fader in the mix window, the fader goes to 0db. It's the same in my system if I hold the alt/option key down an touch the fader. As you can see in the video I have some problems too with shift+fader on the unit.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
In ProTools if you hold down the alt/option key on Mac and click on the fader in the mix window, the fader goes to 0db. It's the same in my system if I hold the alt/option key down an touch the fader. As you can see in the video I have some problems too with shift+fader on the unit.
I'm on Cubase. I'd hand-chisel audio grooves in granite disks, before I'd go to ProTools.

In Cubase, Command + mouse-click DAW fader resets both the DAW and Mix faders to 0dB. However, I didn't spend huge bucks on a fistful of Artist Series controllers, to have to use the keyboard and mouse to reset my faders.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:29 PM

Default Shift + fader sets level to 0db

As I explained I touch the fader on the artist mix. I guess it works the same in Cubase if you press command on you're keyboard and touch the fader on the controller. It's not perfect but a workaround. Ok I started out on Cubase in mid 90's and I worked in Nuendo for some time too early 2000. I'll never go back, but Logic is a different story. We all have our preference. Good luck..
Old 03-27-2015, 12:18 AM

Quote:
As I explained I touch the fader on the artist mix. I guess it works the same in Cubase if you press command on you're keyboard and touch the fader on the controller. It's not perfect but a workaround. Ok I started out on Cubase in mid 90's and I worked in Nuendo for some time too early 2000. I'll never go back, but Logic is a different story. We all have our preference. Good luck..
It doesn't matter what key I press on the keyboard. Pressing any key on the keyboard, then touching the Mix fader does nothing. I'm running EUCON v3.0.1, so that might be one reason.

I started with Cakewalk, back in the DOS days. Soon went to Cubase, then Nuendo, back to Cubase. I've worked on Digital Performer, Logic, and ProTools. DP was pretty darn good and I have a buddy who rocks on it. My experience with Logic was after Apple bought it and tried to "Garageband-ize" it. I wasn' impressed, at all. ProTools didn't impress, either. (Then again, maybe it was my aversion to anything Avid/Digidesign.)
Old 03-27-2015, 12:21 AM

Default Shift + fader sets level to 0db

Ok try upgrading to latest EuCon:) it works like I explained in both Logic and ProTools on my system. The new Logic X is really amazing. And isn't in any way Garagebanded.
The reason I bought ProTools in the first place was I was correcting timing on drummers in Cubase/Nuendo for years and had to do so manually. It was killing me, took forever and kill'd my arm. So I bought PT just because of beat detective. And after some time I kind of got into it and I like the look of it. Too much graphics on most DAW's. I also has a period with DP between using Nuendo and going back to Cubase. This because I was using TC powercore cards and Nuendo did not support it with dual processing at the time.