Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2009, 05:30 PM

Default Re: PT 8 not showing waveforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt0r View Post
Yep I did. I've got it sorted now (worked out how to individually zoom tracks) but it seems a bit of a clunky solution as that only works if I have quite stuff in that track..... :S

One last thing... are you using the audio zoom button on the menu bar to size your tracks? or the zoom tool/drag method I mentioned? When you ZT/drag it has no effect on the other tracks.. just the one you are zooming over.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:32 PM

I'm using the one you mentioned. I'm just being pernickety I think.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I'm using the one you mentioned. I'm just being pernickety I think.
Oh... OK

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 11-27-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
why ?

If it helps I'm not using pt for simple recording I'm doing electro acoustic composition. So there will be large changes from a really quite section to a really loud section in the same track hence it being annoying having to zoom. I prefer to see the whole wave forms. Looks like I'm just going to have to get used to zooming.... bah! Thanks for the suggestions though

OK, I think I understand now.. you are talking about different waveform heights in the same track... yes?

Waveforms will be differing heights based on the amplitude (?) of the signal.. quieter things will always be smaller than louder things in a given track. Seems to me that that is the function of bing able to see the waveform.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:38 PM

Yep thats what I'm talking about. But my gripe is the fact that the really quiet stuff doesn't have enough detail or at least not in comparison to pt 7.4. In 7.4 (with the same session) there was some definition in the quiet bits but with 8 there is none at all without changing zoom. Which then ruins the visual perception of volume that I like.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Try this:

Click on the zoom tool. hold it over the track where your waveform is missing and hold down the (command??? PC it would be start) key, click and drag up or down to change the waveform height. If I record things at low levels (which I am doing increasingly), quite often PT will show a flat-line. The waveform is there, it's just small.

Hope that helped..
I found this to work in my instance. Still a little confused about the scale associated with the waveform, but it's now appropriate for the track size. Thanks.