Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Default PT Not Recognizing my MIDI Devices

What I mean is my controller, drum machine and synths. I want to start recording MIDI tracks, but when I select input device, the only thing listed is Maschine (connected via USB).

I have an MPC and synths connected via a MIDI cable to my 003 MIDI IN port, and the MIDI light on the 003 lights up whenever I press some keys. I think that if I can get PT to read my devices, it's pretty simple to set each one on its own channel and record enable.

The problem is that I can't find my devices inside PT, whether it's in "enable devices" or the "midi studio" setup. Also, "midi thru" is checked and the default MIDI Thru device is set to "none." Any help is appreciated.