Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2003, 01:54 AM

Default PT 6.1 + Digi 002 + Korg Triton.....need midi help

Hi guys,

I am new to Midi, but have just upgraded to MAc from PC, and also to 002 from 001.

I am able to record MIDI and Audio from my Triton, and playback the audio track fine, but I can not hear any sound on the MIDI playback.

I know its recording fine, because I can see the MIDI notes on my MIDI track, and I am able to you the pencil to change them.

My question (as stupid and newbie as it is I am sure), is how do I get to hear my MIDI track playback without having the audio track.. ie, I want to make changes in the MIDI track with the pencil tool (which I can do) but this obviously does not effect the Audio track.

I am sure my Triton to PT's setup is fine, because I am able to record, its just the question of editing and playback of the MIDI track I am unsure of.

I have tried playing with some Bus's, but can not figure out how to do it..

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, ROCK ON.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:53 PM

Default Re: PT 6.1 + Digi 002 + Korg Triton.....need midi help

*bump*
Old 08-22-2003, 04:21 AM

Default Re: PT 6.1 + Digi 002 + Korg Triton.....need midi

Are you able to hear your triron if you play a sound into PT with out a miditrack,,ie,,in real time,,How are you inputing your triton,,are you using an aux track with the input set to the same as the input that the triton is plugged inti,,ie 1/2?,,is ther fader up,,?Is the midi channel out of PT the same as the one that the triton is set to recieve,,ie are you using the triton in program mode,,so the channel would be 1,,or are you in sequence mode,,so the channel could be any nomber1 through 16,,
Old 08-22-2003, 04:27 AM

Default Re: PT 6.1 + Digi 002 + Korg Triton.....need midi

Okay,,just re-read your post,,if your minitering the audio of your triton through an audi track,,as apossed to an AUX track,,it will mute as soon as you hit play,unless you are recording on to that track,,you need to go to OPERATIONS and select INPUT ONLY MONITER or somthing simmiler,,cant remember the exact wording,,