Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2009, 07:41 AM

Default Importing/converting cakewalk files into PT Le8

I'm not sure how to convert/import my cakewalk song from my pc to my mac. i was able to import the cakewalk tracks(not mixed down) as "wavefiles" into PT8, but they are all out of time and scrambled. Does the file type need to be changed from wave to SD2, or do i have to do something with "Timestamp" in cakewalk or PT in order for them to be in time with the timeline?
I'm also trying to see how to use elastic stretch on this old cakewalk song and i'm not sure if i have to put all the tracks into PT with a stereo mix down, or import all the tracks individually and then stretch them.
Thanks to all who have been helping me, I'm very grateful!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Importing/converting cakewalk files into PT Le8

consolidate the tracks in cakewalk then import the consolidated audiofiles to protools
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 PM

what do you mean by consolidate, do you mean mix down or bundle the files?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:58 PM

highlight all the regions within a track, go to the edit menu and click consolidate, oh wait that's in protools, lol! basically he's saying to make each track one continuous take(region). Oh and Make all of these consolidated tracks start at the exact same point so that you wont have to line them up once they are imported. hope that helps!
UA610 pre's / Chameleon Labs 7602mkII pre's / Chameleon labs 7802 stereo opto tube compressor/ Mackie hr824 monitors
Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 AM

So it would be similar to Redering each track so there is no empty space or seperate regions, just one long continuous region, Right?
Problem is, i cannot find the function that would do this in Cakewalk but i'll keep lookin. Thanks again
Old 05-07-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflennan View Post
So it would be similar to Redering each track so there is no empty space or seperate regions, just one long continuous region, Right?
Problem is, i cannot find the function that would do this in Cakewalk but i'll keep lookin. Thanks again
Yes, that's the idea.. Can't help you with the Cakewalk function, but if you can't get that working, then recording the output of 1 track to a new track should have the same effect... Much more of a PITA that way...
Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Installing PT8 upgrade "folder"

I'm trying to install PT8 for windows onto my pc. I downloaded the windows version PT8 upgrade from digidesign and now have the folder in my c drive. Problem is, i cannot install it! If i open the folder, it does not have any kind of install program. It has to be all there, because in properties it says it's about 3 gigs. I also tried installing PT8 with PT7.4 installed and unistalled and it still did not work. I was told after not to have PT7.4 installed or it could cause major errors. i don't seem to have any problems as a result, but i just want to installl PT8. Any help would be great!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Installing PT8 upgrade "folder"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflennan View Post
I'm trying to install PT8 for windows onto my pc. I downloaded the windows version PT8 upgrade from digidesign and now have the folder in my c drive. Problem is, i cannot install it! If i open the folder, it does not have any kind of install program. It has to be all there, because in properties it says it's about 3 gigs. I also tried installing PT8 with PT7.4 installed and unistalled and it still did not work. I was told after not to have PT7.4 installed or it could cause major errors. i don't seem to have any problems as a result, but i just want to installl PT8. Any help would be great!
You should probably post a new thread in the PTLE for windoze forum..