Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-23-2006, 11:55 AM

Default Help with mp3 option please

I tried running bounce to disk to make an mp3 and got the message that the trial had expired for demo mp3, I got the authorization/response page. Then I went online and downloaded the mp3 option but all I got was a link to a web page and also some code. Anyway I thought I could put the code in as the response but no show. Can anyone help me please?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Help with mp3 option please

The MP3 option is not Free, you have to purchase an authorization from the Digi Store

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 03-23-2006, 02:22 PM

I actually did purchase it and expected to get some software but after I paid and went to the download page, all I got after dowmnload was a code and then a link to a web page which was the same as the original page I downloaded from in the first place. I also got a code which I tried entering as a challenge resopnse but no success. The whole thing is driving me nuts, i've done searches for the problem but no results. So i've basically purchased software which gives absolutely no instructions as to how it can be installed.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:39 PM

this one is a bit misleading as I was in the same loop until I figured it out.. LOL
Try this it just might work (hopefully this is the correct recipie..)

insert your PT installer Cd and start the install process... when you get to the list of options of what to install deselect every ting but the "mp3 Codec Update" then launch PT's and try "bouncing to disk" then it should ask for you serial # that you downloaded...

also "Search the Answerbase"