Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Default ILOK License Surrender wants WRONG License

At my office I have PT HD 8.1 Running on an HP ILOK authorized for PTHD 7.3, 7.4 and 8.x

In my Home studio I have PT HD 8.1 on a MAC Pro. ILOKs for both systems are in the same ILOK account with 5 other ILOKs for several LE systems.

Downloaded PT HD 9 today and activated it. When I went to my ILOK account to down load the license it told me I had to surrender my 8.x license. That's fine however it wants the license from the office system which we will not be touching. How can I get the license to the HOME ILOK? Any help is welcome.
thanks much,
Robert
Old 07-02-2011, 08:59 PM

Default Re: ILOK License Surrender wants WRONG License

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguru View Post
At my office I have PT HD 8.1 Running on an HP ILOK authorized for PTHD 7.3, 7.4 and 8.x

In my Home studio I have PT HD 8.1 on a MAC Pro. ILOKs for both systems are in the same ILOK account with 5 other ILOKs for several LE systems.

Downloaded PT HD 9 today and activated it. When I went to my ILOK account to down load the license it told me I had to surrender my 8.x license. That's fine however it wants the license from the office system which we will not be touching. How can I get the license to the HOME ILOK? Any help is welcome.
thanks much,
Robert
You can transfer assets ilok to ilok for any ilok registered to your account at no charge. About the only caveat is you can only have one copy of a particular asset on any particular ilok at a given time

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-22-2012, 03:29 PM

I have the same type of problem whereas i need to keep both licenses for my two PT9 HD Software licenses as i use both systems (one HD3 Accel PCIe and one HD Native , each in a different Mac Pro 8 core) :

http://206.55.124.187/showthread.php...=1#post1892937

Anybody knows how i can resolve thos problem and keep my two licenses ?

do i need to open anther ILOK account ?

i just have one account for the moment, with 5 ILOK registred on it.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:05 PM

Please see my post #5 (and replies) on this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...highlight=ilok

Avid never responded to this, but given the continuing number of folks having the same problem I think my hypothesis may be correct.

Perhaps Avid could respond?
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-22-2012, 08:19 PM

It's simple although confusing
Just install 9 on the office ilok a nd then just swap the PT9/8 bundle with the PT8
License on the other ilok

If it says that here is an asset hat outweighs the pt8 asset don't proceed
You will then need a 3rd ilok and rotate the asstes through till it's all correct

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.studio-techservices.com

าำ
[email protected]m
Mitch Berger Tech Services

We service ALL Avid products no Problem
HD192, 192, Omni, Control Surface, Pre, XMON, 192HD AD & DA / Accel Cards, Everything

ALL NEW HD192 AD -DA modification. the difference is incredible... no need to ship the entire unit , fast turn around

inquiry using link above
Repairs of SSL-Neve- Consoles and Repair ALL Modern & Vintage Gear