Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: KATRINA

I can't believe whats going on and how bad it is. I also don't know of Nukmusic. Are you ok man? Please let us know that you are alright. I am just constantly prayin for everybody down there and will be donating money and clothes, etc.

Pentium4 (2.4Ghz)
Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
80GB HD
1GB Ram
Digi002
Protools 7.0
Mackie HR-824's
Old 09-02-2005, 05:09 PM

I haven't heard from brotha nuk, but what I can tell you is that he's a helluva firefighter...and if he's able to even walk, you can bet your ass he's in there bustin his hump this very second trying to help out every person he can. I hope he's okay, but knowing nuk, I'm sure he'd rather we concern ourselves with all the rest that need our prayers and support...hoping that we are doing all we can to help.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:36 AM

Hey Bazzle,
Quote:
At the risk of ruffling some feathers all I can say is that I bet there is no shortage of resources and food and helicopters in Iraq..I feel for you brothers..Bush looks like an even bigger BOZO now than he ever did...

I would agree with leaders looking after their political status first and foremost in general ( we are witnessing it daily..) but in this particular situation timing is crucial. I think it is much faster and logically correct to deploy local resources first.
No government is readily prepared for devastation of this magnitude.
If I'm mistaken, please correct me..
later
a

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 AM

Nukemusic ??
Where is he at ?
We'd appreciate if someone could post updates on all our friends in the area..
take care..

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Hey Bazzle,
Quote:
At the risk of ruffling some feathers all I can say is that I bet there is no shortage of resources and food and helicopters in Iraq..I feel for you brothers..Bush looks like an even bigger BOZO now than he ever did...

I would agree with leaders looking after their political status first and foremost in general ( we are witnessing it daily..) but in this particular situation timing is crucial. I think it is much faster and logically correct to deploy local resources first.
No government is readily prepared for devastation of this magnitude.
If I'm mistaken, please correct me..
later
a
There's a slight problem with doing that Andrew...those local resources...the one's that would have been first responders...the one's that call Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama "HOME"...they're all in Iraq.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:20 PM

Quote:

There's a slight problem with doing that Andrew...those local resources...the one's that would have been first responders...the one's that call Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Alabama "HOME"...they're all in Iraq.
Chris,I'm so happy you are safe!!

I think your quote emphasizes my quote succinctly..Peace bro,and keep the faith.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:17 PM

I'll put it this way...what most of the US out there doesn't realize about our military at present:

Something like 80% of the ~200,000 troops in Iraq (not to mention Afghanistan and other overseas locations) are comprised of troops from the 5 gulf coast states. 4 out of every 7 of those troops in Iraq are the National Guard that if not there would be reacting to the homeland disasters.

Maybe this is a little more compelling: something like 75% of all the KIA's in Iraq were Louisiana citizens.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:34 PM

Those states are where the population is poorest.Rich folks don't go to war.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Nukemusic ??
Where is he at ?
We'd appreciate if someone could post updates on all our friends in the area..
take care..
You can read about the man here

It's terrible to watch this beautifull city destroyed, I walked Bourbon street once when I was a teenager and touring the USA with a Dutch gospel group. Unbelieveable what happened there!!!!

Take care.

Pieter
Old 09-04-2005, 06:48 AM

to Baz & Chris.. ,
Thank you for the eyeopener. Sadly, I didn't do my homework on this one..
I stand corrected,
andrew

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring