Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2018, 08:20 PM

Default Re: HELP Pro tools bounced files have weird sound!!

I’ve just had a quick listen and it sounds like it’s phasing.

My first guess would be you have a duplicate track of the vocal that may not be muted or is hidden but not inactive. I would check this isn’t the case.

It doesn’t sound like a software glitch/issue, but rather a user error like I outlined above.

Go through your session very carefully and triple check there’s no duplicates or weird routing that could cause a phase issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2018, 12:21 AM

Well the thing is, I have checked everything. The phasing starts happening in the middle of his verse and its on the same track, no duplicates. When i am playing it in pro tools it sounds completely normal. Im only using one Aux Send which has reverb on it and every track including the send is routed to Output 1-2.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:35 AM

I Just took a listen to the wav verse the Mp3 and it sounds like its only the mp3's that are phasing
Old 05-17-2018, 01:06 AM

Default HELP Pro tools bounced files have weird sound!!

Only mp3s... meaning if you bounce to wav it is OK?

What are the mp3 specs? Try maxing out their specs. Do you even need the mp3 files or can you live with wav?

What reverb? What settings? As a test get rid of the send with reverb and try again.

---

And for the third and last time...

Are you bouncing in real time?

What exactly are you bouncing?... i.e. what source? Is it actually Output 1/2 you are talking about? ... check carefully, again it is a common cause of issues.

Ideally show us a screen shot of the bounce to disk dialog screen.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:07 AM

The MP3 won’t sound bad in sections. If it’s a low bitrate causing the underwater effect, you’ll hear it on everything, not just one section of a vocal at a certain point.

There must be more to it. I find it weird that you say it’s not in the way and that the session sounds fine during real time playback.

Try duplicating the session and delete everything except for that vocal track and see how it sounds on export. Then, import session data anything relating to that vocal track - sends busses etc. one at a time and repeat and see if you’re hearing that weird phase you sound. Essentially process of elimination.

Or if the session isn’t too big and you don’t mind sharing the audio, upload the project and maybe someone can test it out if they have the time.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:15 AM

Actually, can you link a copy of the wav version?

I’m still finding it hard to believe that the MP3 render is causing that sound only in certain sections.

If you upload a copy of the wav, I’ll download it and have a listen and convert to MP3 using a few different methods and let you know if it sounds the same etc.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:28 AM

Sardi is right. You need to show us your outputs page, bussing page, and bouncing path selection on the bounce to disk window. You need to help us help you. It could be software related but generally speaking, issues like this on bouncing are user error related.

My speculation is this.
You are bouncing from outputs 1&2. You say you have one send, lets call that bus 1-2. Your send to that reverb is automated at around the same time you are having phasing issues.
If you look at your I/O settings on the Bussing page, check to see if bus 1-2 is assigned to Outputs 1&2. If it is, this is most likely the problem.

At this point, unless you provide us with more information, there is nothing we can do to help.