Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Select multiple tracks with timeline selector

I am working with 18 tracks. In the edit window, I want to select a portion of the tracks for deletion. I can select (drag) across a couple of tracks but I'd prefer to drag in one area and have all the tracks selected in the same area. I thought the timeline blue edit points would do this. However, they just seem to select a portion of time and put blue markers on it. The tracks remain unselected.
In essence, I want to select a portion of time across all 18 tracks without doing some gymnastics with the mouse. I then want to delete the portion of time selected on all tracks.

Can this be done?

thx

PT 6.9
digi 002R
Command 8
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Select multiple tracks with timeline selector

Sure. Either group all of the tracks you'd like to edit (into an edit group of course) or click and drag to select in the timeline ruler. Once you have a selection made, simply dragging the arrowss won't work as you've found. You need to drag across the timeline ruler with the selector tool to do that.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:43 AM

problem is: when I drag across the timeline ruler, it gets darker and places blue markers. However, the actual tracks below it do not highlight. I'm not really sure just what the darkening selection is used for.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:20 AM

never mind. I think I found it. It does work

thx