Old 06-23-2023, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Everyone stop using ARA right now

Here is a link to the Crash reports I'm getting: Crash Report
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-23-2023, 10:40 PM

This has been happening to me with every ARA melodyne edit, in every session. Extremely frustrating. Upon closing a session with ARA edits and opening it up again I get this notification.

M1 max Monterey 12.6.6 pro tools 2022.12
Old 06-24-2023, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
Hate to be a victim blamer but whenever these threads come up, I’m blown away by how few people commit production-critical edits. ARA or not, its good practice to commit these things when you’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nonsense. You’re never “done” until it’s in the shrink wrap. I want to tweak tweak tweak until it’s ready, not bullied into it by software that’s not working as it should.
Old 06-24-2023, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Nonsense. You’re never “done” until it’s in the shrink wrap. I want to tweak tweak tweak until it’s ready, not bullied into it by software that’s not working as it should.
Exactly! When it comes to something like Melodyne, there are many times you want to go back and tweak something further. It is not great to re-melodyne an already committed melodyned file. I'm now seeing these issues pop up on simply reopening the session. This means that these issues could pop up even if Pro Tools crashes on you before you had a chance to commit the files.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-24-2023, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
Exactly! When it comes to something like Melodyne, there are many times you want to go back and tweak something further. It is not great to re-melodyne an already committed melodyned file. I'm now seeing these issues pop up on simply reopening the session. This means that these issues could pop up even if Pro Tools crashes on you before you had a chance to commit the files.
All the more reason why I keep the original tracks. That way, I can easily recall and re-edit short clips that need revisiting. About PT crashing before you commit, you can go back to a previously auto-saved session, and the Melodyne data should be intact if the clips haven't been deleted. Agreed, these workarounds can be tedious, but ARA is really cool if you take the necessary precautions. At least for now, until Avid/Celemony fix these issues.
Old 06-24-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Meanwhile, Melodyne still works perfectly fine as a plugin.
+1
After my 3rd wonky session using Melo as ARA, I went back to the plug-in...only.
Love the workflow & thought of ARA implementation in PT, but it's useless if I can't get work done.

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 06-24-2023, 07:34 AM

I haven’t had these errors but the other day I was printing a final mix after importing in the melodyned vocals from another project and suddenly there were clicks embedded in the melodyne. I had to commit and then declick the parts. Anyone ever come across this?
Old 06-24-2023, 08:23 AM

Default Everyone stop using ARA right now

Update: ignore this. Melodyne wasn’t on in earlier session.

This happened to me yesterday, and I’m wondering if it was because I opened a previous version of the session, but the file was located in a different folder. So Melodyne can’t find the files because the older session somehow changed to locator info? Just guessing here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1

Last edited by Benny_Cha_Cha; 06-24-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-24-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosshc44 View Post
I haven’t had these errors but the other day I was printing a final mix after importing in the melodyned vocals from another project and suddenly there were clicks embedded in the melodyne. I had to commit and then declick the parts. Anyone ever come across this?
Yes. Yesterday I was having this problem as well. Committing the melodyne edits made the clicks go away.
Old 06-24-2023, 04:45 PM

Committing didn’t fix it for me. I had to commit and then declick the parts. The only thing I can think is that the original melodyne instantiation happened on my assistants laptop using the essentials melodyne and then I opened the session on the studio Mac Pro and using melodyne studio. Hopefully that’s it? Cause that’s the only difference between what happens when it usually works. Anyone else have any tips for leaving melodyne on and dependably rely on it?