Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 05:32 PM

Default Re: How can i trust ProTools - why should i ever trust ProTools?

I think Chris.d many of us feel you can have a solid PT rig working with some thought and preparation. I agree that PT is much more finicky than it "should" be but that is what it is.

Let us know how it works with the new install and we'll see how we can help get you up and running. It's always a good idea to uninstall the old version before installing a new one. Trashing preferences is another thing you can do. Are you aware of Pete Gates utility to help clearing out prefs and other files?

Making sure all plugins are the latest and as Darryl mentioned removing all but the Avid core ones as a test. Plugins don't need to be in the session to cause issues.

The last thing I can think of is to be sure you have the latest driver for your interface.

This can work for you.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Come on!
He said he was pushing to see the limits.

Let's try to not let this forum deteriorate. Don't post if you're not trying to contribute something.
ok dad.
Old 04-08-2023, 09:27 AM

lol I really wonder if anyone in chris’ position (as I am in all the time with PT over many years) has EVER been satisfyingly helped on this forum. we are always met with smug replies that blame the user or tell them to jump through 1000 hoops and absolutely purify their machines of all apps and plugins and settings. most of us use our computers for a variety of tasks and are used to apps that get better with updates, that perform reliably, that operate the way they’re supposed to even when a few of them are open at a time.

just getting really tired of pro tools crashes and problems even on new machines. it simply shouldn’t happen when something like reaper can perform the task.
Old 04-08-2023, 09:49 AM

First, Reaper is nowhere close to being in the same category as Pro Tools in terms of features. Sure, it has its pluses but it also has many minuses.

I don’t think anyone is bashing on the OP but rather pointing out that due diligence is important. Upgrading software and hardware and then using in the field without thoroughly testing it is a gateway to failure. Regardless of how much you expect the software to work.

There are so many variables introduced in systems today that the failure point is much higher than the day of just plugging in a multitrack tape machine and pressing record.

It’s as much the responsibility of the software developers to make stable software as it is the system owners to make sure their systems and any software installed are 100% compatible.

Lots of people are helped in this forum when they want to be helped. Others, maybe not so much, when they just want to come on here and rant about a problem without wanting to be helped. The OP didn’t come on here asking for help. The OP just came on here complaining about something without asking for a possible solution to the problem.

It would be great if folks led with asking for a solution to problem rather than just ranting about one. I’ll refer you to title of this thread.

I hear Twitter is an excellent forum for rants.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettster View Post
lol I really wonder if anyone in chris’ position (as I am in all the time with PT over many years) has EVER been satisfyingly helped on this forum. we are always met with smug replies that blame the user or tell them to jump through 1000 hoops and absolutely purify their machines of all apps and plugins and settings. most of us use our computers for a variety of tasks and are used to apps that get better with updates, that perform reliably, that operate the way they’re supposed to even when a few of them are open at a time.

just getting really tired of pro tools crashes and problems even on new machines. it simply shouldn’t happen when something like reaper can perform the task.
I have received very helpful suggestions over the years on this forum with no "smugness" attached ..

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 04-08-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
The OP didn’t come on here asking for help. The OP just came on here complaining about something without asking for a possible solution to the problem.
100%. And although solutions were offered, they were ignored, while the finger pointing and nasty generalizations remain.

It's no one's responsibility to convince others to trust PT when they have no plans of ever actually doing so. It's a vent thread -- pure and simple -- though despite that obvious fact people took the time to offer advice anyway.

But that's improper forum discourse? Jeezus, the expectations of some people rarely fail to amaze me.
Old 04-08-2023, 10:19 PM

Very well summarised. I think it is best I close this thread now.