Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Question Transfuser Sync Issues

I've got a -
4 bar
1 bar
4 bar
series of Transfuser patterns being triggered via notes, yet whatever Sync settings I choose I can't get the second 4 bar pattern to start at the beginning.

Hopefully the picture will make more sense - the pink track is Transfuser having a 4 bar pattern being triggered at bar 6, yet it's starting in it's second bar...it's driving me nuts!

Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Transfuser Sync Issues

I feel you. I noticed last week that Transfuser doesn't seem to follow when you have patterns of different lengths. I was playing back my patterns while switching them live, and when choosing a 1 bar pattern preceding a 4 bar, the 4 bar picks up at bar 2. Not very 'drum machine' like behavior, though it could actually be useful in some cases(so long as you can decide when it happens).

The obvious work-around, is to string your patterns before you run your sequence. You can drag and drop your patterns right to the edit page in the order you want them. Thats what I ended up doing(and really works for me anyway, more 'mpc' like).

Maybe not the way you want to do it, but at least you get your work done, the same end result.

Till there's an actual fix(unless I'm missing something)...

Hope it helps...
Old 12-06-2008, 02:05 PM

Angry Re: Transfuser Sync Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
I feel you. I noticed last week that Transfuser doesn't seem to follow when you have patterns of different lengths. I was playing back my patterns while switching them live, and when choosing a 1 bar pattern preceding a 4 bar, the 4 bar picks up at bar 2. Not very 'drum machine' like behavior, though it could actually be useful in some cases(so long as you can decide when it happens).

The obvious work-around, is to string your patterns before you run your sequence. You can drag and drop your patterns right to the edit page in the order you want them. Thats what I ended up doing(and really works for me anyway, more 'mpc' like).

Maybe not the way you want to do it, but at least you get your work done, the same end result.

Till there's an actual fix(unless I'm missing something)...

Hope it helps...
Right, the problem with the drag'n'drop method is you lose the filter/pan/pitch data you programme in the patterns.
I'm hoping Digitech will chime in here and say it's a known issue and is being worked on?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remute View Post
Right, the problem with the drag'n'drop method is you lose the filter/pan/pitch data you programme in the patterns...
Really?
Maybe you're doing more than I was? 'Cause I'm only using it for drums. But I was able to alter pitch, release times, and they were maintained in the transfer. Are you using a lot of automation within Transfuser?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 AM

You can set the pitch, fiter, pan etc for each step of each lane in a pattern - this info is *not* copied over when you do drag'n'drop.

I'm severley p*ssed off atm - I thought AIR plugs were supposed to make the virtual instrument thing *easier* in Pro Tools yet here I am back to using GURU again as it just works and I've got a deadline to hit.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:38 PM

That's funny. I like and am using Guru as well. Transfuser has it's issues to be sure. Could be a really great program though...

Good luck...
Old 12-10-2008, 12:57 PM

I've submitted a technical support form about this issue.

I also mentioned that I've got hundreds of 24bit drum wav files which it won't import, even though I can import them into Pro Tools itself just fine.

If anyone else is having the same problems, the link to submit a help request is -
http://tinyurl.com/5gho4d
Old 12-12-2008, 06:50 AM
AIR Music Technology

Hi Remute,

please try this: set Sync in the sequencer to "16th" or "Off", then make sure that the subsequential notes do not overlapp or start/end in the exactly same position. If they do, remove a tiny little bit (1ms) from the end of the first note. Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,

Wolfram K
Product Manager AIR Group
Old 12-12-2008, 11:27 AM

Removing a tiny bit from the end of each trigger note, as suggested, does indeed "fix" the sync - is this the permanent solution or will it be fixed in a soon-to-be-released update?
Thanks.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram K View Post
Hi Remute,

please try this: set Sync in the sequencer to "16th" or "Off", then make sure that the subsequential notes do not overlapp or start/end in the exactly same position. If they do, remove a tiny little bit (1ms) from the end of the first note. Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,

Wolfram K
Product Manager AIR Group

Unfortunately I spoke too soon.
The problem is still there, as this picture shows - there's a 64th note space at the end of each trigger note, SYNC BEAT or OFF give the same result.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4117/picture3or6.jpg