Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2016, 04:40 PM

Default Meters move on midi, VI, and audio tracks but no sound

The only reason I'm attempting to use Pro Tools again is because I forgot to cancel my subscription. Avid got $25 from me last month and it didn't work then and Avid $25 from me this month and after totally reinstalling it, again same problem no sound.

I have SONAR x3 producer, Studio One V2 ans V3, and even Reaper and have not had the problems that I continuously have with Pro Tools. Oh, when it works, great! But I spend more time fixing problems in Pro Tools than I do making music.

I use a line 6 POD HD500x as my interface and Pro Tools sees it fine under the setup > playback engine. ASIO POD HD500x. I've used the POD as an audio interface on all of the mentioned DAWs.

If this is the industry standard, then evidently I'm just not intelligent enough to use Pro Tools. I wish I had remembered to cancel. Maybe I can figure this out in a day or so.

Any Ideas?
Old 05-07-2016, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Meters move on midi, VI, and audio tracks but no sound

Unless you want to keep using Pro Tools you might as well give up now. I just don't see the point of wasting your time now.

---

If you want to get it working here is some troubleshooting steps...

Exit Pro Tools

Make sure nothing else is using the interface, including the system sound.

Trash preferences ("help us help you" link up top of this page).

Start up Pro Tools

Check the playback engine is correct. Go to Setup>IO and on each of the Input, Output and Bus pages click the default button.

Create a new empty session.

Create a stereo audio track. No other tracks, no master fader, nothing else. Make sure the outputs of that track are whatever he main outputs are on your interface. Drag any know good mp3 or similar file to that track from your desktop. Click Play. What happens? Any problems following stuff post screenshots of where you are stuck.

If that does not work we need way more information. System info, OS, exact version of Pro Tools, audio interface driver version, etc. Start under the "help us help you" link up top of this page. Post a Sandra report if on Windows.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Meters move on midi, VI, and audio tracks but no sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Unless you want to keep using Pro Tools you might as well give up now. I just don't see the point of wasting your time now.
I agree Darryl. I do appreciate you taking the time with the suggestions. I'm killing my account now so I will remember not to let it renew. Thanks again.