Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2021, 09:27 AM

Default Is it ok to start 2nd subscription or demo while waiting support for first case?

its a holiday weekend and my re-instatement authorization seems to have gotten screwed up.
Im thinking its an auth problem from avid to ilok, but bottom line i can't use protools. i wrote them and have a case number.

can i buy a 2nd version of protools without screwing up the first, over this weekend just to see if the authorization goes thru and i can use protools? for example mine is perpetual, can i buy a quick monthly subscription just to get thru this crisis without screwing up the pending hopeful resolution of my perpetual version which is now turned off?

Same ilok, so im thinking it would appear as an alternate category in my ilok license manager.....someone here recommended i try a demo version for the weekend, good idea too.
Has anybody tried this?

tnx

Case # 04089133
Old 01-02-2021, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Is it ok to start 2nd subscription or demo while waiting support for first case?

Happy New Year!

I had problems getting this posted - hence my delay ....

Next time, instead of opening a 2nd Thread, "bump" your original Thread with your extra question - it'll help keep the DUC "tidy"

Case Number 04089133

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman62 View Post
my avid account manager desktop/mac app, it says i have perpetual until 12-31-21, but the other panel of the app says "not activated"
Quote:
... Case Number 04089133
I think its very odd if Avid didnt send the authorization to ilok, but on the other hand the box to enter the code is still being offered, it seems it doesnt like te code or something. Then I dont know why it canceled my prior ilok authorization.
... I bought the re-instatement at this online dealer in USA ....

Locate your license in the latest version of iLok License Manager - (ILM) -
https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager
Move your license to your iLok
Rightclick on your iLok (in the LH column of ILM) and select "Synchronize" (wait while the Spinning Ball does its stuff)

Quote:
{I dont know why it canceled my prior ilok authorization
Sure this will get amended, as part of finalising your Case

Quote:
... i was wondering if i can just do a month to month subscription without screwing up my previously registered perpetual version. i would imagine it could work, it would just be a separate ilok authorization probably a different category or something (since the main ilok auth was disabled by this attempt).
Do they generally allow you to have 2 up and running versions with separate auths?
Yes – they are 2 separate iLok authorizations. With 2 Shortcuts on your Desktop, you can choose which version of Pro Tools to launch

With one iLok and one computer, choose one version of Pro Tools to launch

Using a 2nd computer with each version of Pro Tools on its separate iLok, with the appropriate version of Pro Tools (and iLok License Manager) installed on each computer, run 2 different versions of Pro Tools simultaneously

Buy a month to month subscription or use the 30-days free Trial of Pro Tools Ultimate (if your computer meets the minimum system requirements) -
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...m-Requirements

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...Ultimate-trial
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 01-02-2021, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Is it ok to start 2nd subscription or demo while waiting support for first case?

Tnx unkje, Happy New Year to you too makes sense what you said. The demo auth went thru immediately. once i eventually/hopefully hear from avid, if they clear up the primary problem of my paid/owned version having lost its auth and not gaining the new bought auth i can just drag the demo auth from my ilok and drag the new proper one on. I dont think you were address my primary problem from my other thread with your ilok suggestion but the demo auth was "effortless" none of that was needed just drag it over, the other crisis has 'no auths to surrender" for whatever reason, but i'll keep that going in that thread like you suggested . Im surprised I havent heard from Avid in searching around they were actively problem solviing on other New Years days, but apparently not on this weekend unfortunately for me. Tnx again

Last edited by musicman62; 01-02-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:01 AM

I have escalated this as per your PM and someone from Avid will get back as soon as they see this. And they have my PM and posts in the modsquad forum so all we can do now is await a reply.

PS. Tope, If you see this please reply.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-03-2021, 10:45 AM
Avid

Quote:
Tnx unkje, Happy New Year to you too makes sense what you said. The demo auth went thru immediately. once i eventually/hopefully hear from avid, if they clear up the primary problem of my paid/owned version having lost its auth and not gaining the new bought auth i can just drag the demo auth from my ilok and drag the new proper one on. I dont think you were address my primary problem from my other thread with your ilok suggestion but the demo auth was "effortless" none of that was needed just drag it over, the other crisis has 'no auths to surrender" for whatever reason, but i'll keep that going in that thread like you suggested . Im surprised I havent heard from Avid in searching around they were actively problem solviing on other New Years days, but apparently not on this weekend unfortunately for me. Tnx again
Sorry about that. I've escalated this to the licensing team. A temporary license has been deposited to your account while this is being fixed. You can activate the temp license to be able to use your Pro Tools. You'll be updated through support case 04089133

Thank you
-Tope
Old 01-03-2021, 09:26 PM

Hi Tope,

thanks for your attention on this, I look forward to resolve this as soon as possible. tnx!
Old 01-04-2021, 02:42 PM

FYI in case avid is checking this thread I just added to my case avid case 04089133. ilok said the authorization was revoked by avid. I attached pdf of the email from ilok. Avid reps have emailed me and working on it, but i think its an internal team that's dealing with it.
sitting tight, using the demo authorization for now. tnx