Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Cannot save plug-in settings to Root Settings folder

Using Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3, I get the following error message or similar when I click the Save button on the Save Effect Settings As dialogue box when attempting to save plug-in settings (having opened the dialogue box by clicking Save Settings As from the Settings menu on a plug-in window):

Settings can only be saved to the "Click" folder inside the "Root Settings" folder or inside the working session's "plug-in Settings" folder, or sub-folders of these folders.

I am trying to save the settings to the plug-in's folder (in this case the "Click" folder) inside the "Root Settings" folder. That is the initial folder when the Save Effect Settings As dialogue box is shown and I have made no attempt to change it.

In the case of the specific error message above, I was attempting to save settings for the Click plug-in. But I got the same problem when attempting to save settings for the Maxim plug-in. So the problem does not appear to be specific to a particular plug-in.

I can save settings to the plug-in's folder inside the working session's "plug-in Settings" folder.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Cannot save plug-in settings to Root Settings folder

Having just switched from M-Audio to Digidesign hardware, I am now using a different version of Pro Tools: Pro Tools LE 7.4cs2. I do not get the problem with my new version. So it really does look like a bug in a specific version or versions of Pro Tools.

If anyone else gets the same problem, clearly switching from M-Audio to Digidesign hardware would be a bit drastic just to solve this problem! And it might not be either necessary or sufficient. My advice would be to try a later version of Pro Tools M-Powered. Assuming you are using Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3, you have a few options. You could try the latest free update, which at time of writing is Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3.1cs5 (http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=36). Or you could pay for an upgrade to Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 (or you could qualify for a free upgrade if you bought 7.3 recently). You would then have the option of trying the latest free update, which at time of writing is Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4cs2 (http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=36).