Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-31-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Eleven Rack Control Panel Problem

Hi Guys,

I just got an 11R and PT 8 LE last week. So far, I really like the 11R but not impressed by ProTools.

My 11R control Panel in PT just freezes every time I try to do somehting more than turning a knob or clicking a button. If I try a Rig change or even turn on the Tuner it just freezes and will not respond again. It still sends Rig changes to 11R if I go to the menu and select one but the Control Panels doesn't update and just stays frozen.

After this happens PT also refuses to shut down and just sits in the idle window until I force a close.

I re-installed PT and it didn't help.

I'm running XP SP3 on a Quad Core machine with 4 gig of RAM.

I also run Cubase 5.1 and BFD2 Drummer(very CPU hungry) and a million plug ins on my system with no problems (not at the same time as PT of course) so my system can certainly handle it, especially considering that this is just the beginning of a PT session which has nothing on it!

I did a firmware update just a few days ago to the latest for 11R.

I think it is really stupid that the Eleven Rack doesn't come with the Control Panels stand-alone so we wouldn't have to rely on stupid PT LE to use it.

What about all us Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Nuendo etc. etc. etc. users who don't want to have to learn how to use Pro Tools just to run a guitar processor and want to use the 11R in other DAW's? ........Oh you can use it in other DAW's but we won't give you the control panel unless you use Pro Tools! A bit like being held to ransom...... Childish really.......

Even a GT-10 at half the price has a stand alone Interface!

Anybody have any ideas WTF is up with my 11R Control Panel??

Peace
Michael
Old 08-31-2011, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Control Panel Problem

My control panel has been messed up ever since I had to reinstall the Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 9 software, due to a motherboard problem with my computer.....Now, the Eleven window inside PT9 doesn't display correctly, nor can you save rigs, or load via the window......

I'm pretty much resolved to getting the expansion pack update with the new firmware, and hope that resolves it.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:04 AM

That's another thing... I bought the Expansion Pack 3 days ago to try and resove this and it took 3 days to get the activation to work due to some Avid Server problem (see other threads). They finally sent me another Serial and ID last night and it worked, but now I still don't now if it's been resolved as I then found out that I have to upgrade to the latest PT LE 8.0.5 to use with the Expansion pack which is a 1 gig download! I only installed PT for the first time last week! If I go to Help and click 'check for updates' it just tells me that it's up to date even though I'm on version 8.0.3!

As I said I only got the 11R and PT last week and so far nothing has gone right (apart from 11R sounding nice stand-alone). With all the hype around how professional Pro Tools is I've been hearing for years, it is not a very professional way to introduce new customers to their products.

The 1 week I've been playing with PT I can honestly say that so far I still find Cubase 5.1 far superior......
Old 09-01-2011, 12:13 AM

I just had my second attempt at downloading the 8.0.5 update (on a second computer) and they both failed! It's a 1gig download but stops at 240meg and of course the files are corrupted and will not load! I've now wasted a week and still I cannot use the product I have paid for and no solution in sight! So now again I have to trawl through forums trying to find out why the 8.0.5 update download won't work??? WTF is up with these people??