Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 AM

Question Pro Tools 8.0.1: install disc doesn't work (Eleven Rack)

Hi,

My Pro Tools 8.0.1 install disc that came with my Eleven rack doesn't seem to work?

When I try to install it hangs on "Pro Tools Reference Guide.PDF" and seems to locate this file on the CD but fails and after 1 hour I shut down the installer.....

Anyone got similar experiences or advice? Or is there maybe some way I could get a download or another disk? (Calling support could be a problem since I live in Belgium and there is only one phone number for Europe. This could be very costly!)

System (laptop):
Windows 7 (x64)
I7 620m processor, 6gig DDR3 Ram

What I've tried/done:
- Creating an ISO out of the disc: doesn't work, says it is corrupted
- Deleting the data, rebooting and trying again: same problem appears
- Running it as an administrator and/or running it under XP (to reduce comptability problems)
- Trying to install without hooking up my Eleven Rack
- Downloading from the avid website using my code found on the back of my CD Booklet: says this is unvalid ?!?

Update 1: problem seems to be fixed
I ran the CD in an external DVD drive and was able to install Pro Tools . However: I'm still not able to create an ISO file out of the disk ...

I then hereby apologise for this thread since the problem has been resolved. If a moderator sees this: my thread may be removed

Last edited by Mister_Riff; 03-21-2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Problem seems to be fixed