Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2009, 01:27 PM

Default Snow Leopard Update Process without PT's 8 Disc

Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly. There is not a single installer for Snow Leopard yet. Only those whom have a Pro Tools 8 install disc can update their software to the current version?

I think I read somewhere, that it may be a week or so before Avid releases a combined update that can be downloaded from one's account?

Any news on this? I logged into my account and didn't see the update installer so I guess it's safe to assume that it is not up yet? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been a week, but I am hoping that they are on schedule. I am excited to finally dust off my SL install disc and go for it!

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Snow Leopard Update Process without PT's 8 Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numi View Post
I am excited to finally dust off my SL install disc and go for it!

Thanks!
Same here!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:40 PM

I just did a fresh install of snow leopard on a late 2008 macbook pro. I then installed PT and it locked up, I can't boot the system any more as it keeps stopping with a kernel panic on a digi driver.

I would say this sucks but I would rather see Avid do a stable release, then a per patch release or as soon as there is a fix you can download the latest nightly patch/fixes for testing.

Unstable and something to at least try is better than being in a waiting state.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:32 PM

I've had PT 8.0cs3 running on 10.6.1 for the last few months pretty smoothly.

I downloaded OSX 10.6.2 combo update, then,

I downloaded the new PT 8.0.3 update and installed it on top of what I already had.

All seems fine here and the Air Plugins are no longer yellow!!

I didn't need any 'installation disc'.

Thanks DIGI

Old 12-20-2009, 10:11 PM

I booted up in safe mode, removed the install directories and Digi libraries then rebooted. I reinstalled the 8.0 and then 8.0.3 on top of that and then ran it without a problem. I haven't tested anything or installed the CPTK2 or plugins yet but wanted to start with the base application and 8.0.3 to see if that worked first :)

This is much better now.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 PM

OK, so I can just install PT's 8.0(using the .dmg installer without disc) on a fresh install of SL and then apply the update...no problem?

I basically have the Amnesty upgrade in my account that I installed originally and have just updated it as the updates have came out. I just thought I read on the Snow Leopard sticky that the new update required a 8.0 installation disc, but if other people are not having trouble installing just from the .dmg file then I'll give it go. Then report my findings on the original SL thread. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 AM

Yes, I downloaded my 8.0 with the amnesty upgrade and then applied the 8.0.3 patch after the install.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:19 AM

Any news on when the internet installer is available from "my Avid account"? Also can anybody finally confirm that you can install this: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=40393 updater without a disc?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:50 AM

I am also curious if anyone has had success using the Melodyne Installer with Snow Leopard that is posted on the My Digi/Avid Account download page?

I would love to use that too! I am still downloading the updates and will post my results tonight, after I try to record a few acoustic tracks and vocals with effects.

Thanks for the replies! I love this forum

EDIT:I was wondering if I could just burn a DVD with the Pro Tools 8 .dmg installer on it, and if that would simulate a Pro Tools 8 install disc? Then run the update and when it asks for the disc, pop that in? I figure the update would search for the installer then verify and start the installation without any issues? Maybe not? Just a thought for those of us who did not receive an installation disc but want to install the patch correctly on our snow leopard machines. I will keep you all posted. Cheers~
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 AM

Digi - any news on the 8.0.3 combined update for those w/o PT8 disk?

TIA for an ETA