Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: New Product Manager for Artist, S3, Dock and Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanlogic View Post
Nice to hear Eddie!

I'm hoping to have Trim automation working again the way it was working with previous EucCon software for the Artist Series Mix & Control.

I have another post regarding this.

In short, trim automation could be selected, you made your adjustments with the faders and then when exiting the faders would be controlling the main volume lane. This way the trim automation lane would be "hidden" behind the main volume automation lane and your faders on the Artist Series Mix & Control wouldn't move (since they are not followinf trim, just following main volume).

Currently the faders follow Trim so it's annoying to hear the fader noise on the Artist Series when mixing with clients, especially for post session where the fader noise can be quite loud when we mix on different playback systems.
What do you have Coalesce Trim set to, manual or auto after pass ?
Old 03-15-2017, 04:58 PM

this is encouraging news...was feeling like we were abandoned. hopefully we'll see some major fixes reagrding existing bugs on the doc and new additions for Artist + Dock combo owners...like VCA'S spill..

I have a question regarding that feature... why is it only available on the S3 and S6 and not ARTIST based mixers ? isn't it strictly a programming issue and has nothing to do with Hardware? anyways just shooting that out into the universe. be nice to have that..😊

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 03-15-2017, 06:19 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
I have a question regarding that feature... why is it only available on the S3 and S6 and not ARTIST based mixers ? isn't it strictly a programming issue and has nothing to do with Hardware? anyways just shooting that out into the universe. be nice to have that..😊
Yes this is a programming and testing issue. The S3 and S6 have different processors in them so the work didn't just carry over. They are also at a different price point so were higher priority. It would be great to add it to the Mix at some point yes, but I can't make any time promises at the moment.
Eddie
Old 03-29-2017, 03:45 PM

I DONT UNDERSTAND why copying and pasting clip effects is tedious with the right click its one command for copy clip effects and then another for paste. These commands should be in the eucon library. Its been too long. Maybe in the next few years when 3.6 comes?
Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanob99 View Post
I DONT UNDERSTAND why copying and pasting clip effects is tedious with the right click its one command for copy clip effects and then another for paste. These commands should be in the eucon library. Its been too long. Maybe in the next few years when 3.6 comes?
Clip effects in general is something we want to control on the surfaces, we should be able to add the EUCON menu commands soon before the rest as these are easier. V3.6 is nearly here, just about to post the Release Candidate to the beta team.