Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 12-11-2016, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Assertion error?

So. Just to prove my point it appears that my inadequacies prevail and for reasons unknown to me I can not get the Sandra report to report!!! I follow the instructions to the last block and when I hit finish nothing happens! If I didn't want (or need) help I would never have posted the problem. The fact that I did not note the exact text that appeared with the assertion error relates to my attempting to un freeze the screen so as to clear it. I was trying to save my session. Call that mistake mine due to the frustration of the moment! I will search the internet for a computer coarse, perhaps "Computers for Dummies" and if I can find on that is free which I doubt. I will immediately enroll and upon completion,(if I live that long), I will proudly post a copy on the DUC! Now, whether you think I am lazy, mentally inadequate or trying to take the easy way out doesn't really matter to me! I know who I am! I believe that your way of putting those of us who you consider below your level of expertise in our proper place is bullying and insensitive and to be frank, is an inferiority complex hiding behind a superiority complex. I think you need a coarse in manners!
Old 12-11-2016, 12:31 PM

Darryl Ramm. I have found that the reason I can't generate a Sandra report is that it is incompatible with my pc. at least that's what I find when I use Windows trouble shooter.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:07 PM

Terry, did you download this free version for win 7 and up found here:

http://www.sisoftware.eu/download-lite/

If that gives you grief then scroll down this page http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/sandradl_e.html
and download the sp1 version which is free aswell.

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-11-2016, 06:13 PM

And Sandra not running is often a sign of general problems. So I would get this sorted out even if it seems a hassle. Sweetwater support may/should be able to help you. They are usually very good and all their systems should certainly be able to run Sandra reports, and they will undertand why that is a good thing with DUC folks and various support organizations wanting that.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:04 AM

Chris. Thank you. I will download this today.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:28 AM

Darryl. Thank you. By the way, I did find the Assertion error text that I copied down when the error occurred. I am not at my studio at this time so I will post it later. Maybe you can decipher it. (I had even forgot that I in fact did note it). You may or may not be aware of my on again, off again short term memory issue but I wouldn't expect you to. With that said, for whatever reason, possibly because of some of my recent posts, I was not able to post anything yesterday evening. I tried several times and I kept getting, "You are not allowed to post, etc (or similar text). I have no idea why this happened unless I am under scrutiny here. I checked the forum rules list and I have not broken any of them! I am not paranoid! Recently I was warned about one of my posts and still don't know why! Something to do with using terminology referring to certain forbidden words which I did not do. The last time I checked this is still a free country and freedom of speech is guaranteed! All though I don't feel that I am guilty of any wrong doing here I will apologize if I have upset anyone. Darryl you may consider yourself included.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:56 AM

Hey. Everyone who was following my assertion error series of posts and responses. For the last 24 hrs I have not been able to post anything. I can log on with my user name and password, I get a thank you for logging in but when I try to post a thread or answer a post I get a, "You are not permitted, etc.etc." Have I been suspended or banned? Someone please. If this post is recognized please respond. Thanks

Last edited by Terry Wetzel; 12-12-2016 at 11:22 AM. Reason: add information
Old 12-12-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Hey. Everyone who was following my assertion error series of posts and responses. For the last 24 hrs I have not been able to post anything. I can log on with my user name and password, I get a thank you for logging in but when I try to post a thread or answer a post I get a, "You are not permitted, etc.etc." Have I been suspended or banned? Someone please. If this post is recognized please respond. Thanks
Terry

Your post shows up fine. Can you post that Assertion error message, the full thing with file name and assertion number etc. if you have it.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Terry, I have asked Avid and you have no infractions or anything like that.

Jeffro is in the loop and as he can see more than us moderators I hope he will be able to help you faster than us guessing here

Will stay in this to make sure you are up and running asap and btw we see your posts somhad you been limited to anything regarding posting you wouldn't be able to post anything here.

Hang tight
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————