Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2000, 03:48 PM

Default CD not closing session?

I am aware that there have been other posts concerning this issue, but I'll start a new one hoping to get some feedback, especially from digidesign. I have 4 different CD recorders, all compatible with Masterlist CD, and have always been able to use MLCD without any problems, up until version 2.1. I am currently using version 2.2 I have used MLCD since version 1.0 and was probably the first person to buy it. Since that time I have run into several problems, the latest of which follows:

When I burn a CD on my Plextor R8220T, MLCD will not close the session. I am aware that there is no option in MLCD to leave the session open in the first place, but for some reason this is happening. If I take the same material on the same computer and use my Sony CDW-900E to burn this disc, then everything works correctly and the session is closed. I have tried different types of media to see if this has made a difference, but still get the same results. I will do the same test on 2 other burners, but wanted to post what I know now and hope to get some feedback. I'll let everyone know the results.

Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by blairl (edited April 19, 2000).]
Old 04-19-2000, 05:49 AM

Default Re: CD not closing session?

I would also appreciate some feedback from Digi on this. I've had the same problem with a Plextor 8220Te.

I tried writing an image file, but that doesn't work either.

I doubt whether the cables are at fault as Toast and Jam have no troubles closing discs with this drive, and it would be a bit too much of a coincidence for so many people to be reporting this behaviour.

There is no firmware upgrade available for the 8220 for Macs at the moment, so there's no way I can check if this might work.

Anyone have a definitive answer?

Marcus
Old 04-19-2000, 09:26 AM

OK I did some more tests:

• MLCD and Sony CDW-900E closes session
  • MLCD and Sony 920S closes session
  • MLCD and Yamaha 6416 closes session
  • MLCD and Plextor 8220T does not close session
  • ADAPTEC JAM and Plextor 8220T closes session[/list]
    Something is wrong with the interaction between MLCD and the Plextor 8220T!

• It's not the computer
    • It's not the hard drive
    • It's not the SCSI cable
    • It's not the SCSI ID Number
    • It's not the termination
    • It's not the firmware
    • It's not the media
    • It is a problem with MasterList CD[/list]
      Is digidesign working on a solution to this problem? Thanks!
Old 04-23-2000, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Blair,
Don't know the answer myself, but I'll pass your question, data, and this url on to the product manager and engineers for MLCD. Thanks.

------------------
Bruce Paine
eMarketing