Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 07:51 AM

Default OT: Bias Soundsoap 2 issues

I recently purchased Bias Soundsoap 2. I've been transferring some songs from cassette to PT (in order to create mp3s).
While the Soundsoap process does improve the noise problems, I'm getting some wierd bass response issues. The first couple of seconds of the "soaped" file have an increased bass response (not good) and then the file seems to return to normal. (When I try to use "audiosuite" processing, you can visually see the volume increase)
I also notice on repeated listens (with soundsoap enagaged), the file will sound out-of-phase for one pass, and then revert back to "normal"
Anybody out there using this plugin?
Anybody having the same problems?
(I posted on the Bias forum, but DUC is always my "go to" forum)

thanks in advance
Apogee Rosetta 200/ UA LA-610
Genelec 8030A/7050b
McDSP, Waves, Sony, URS, Spectrasonics, BFD, Altiverb
Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: OT: Bias Soundsoap 2 issues

bump?
Genelec 8030A/7050b
Old 09-08-2005, 03:40 AM

Hi,
I use Soundsoap (not the Pro Version), and find few problems, although it is pretty sluggish to respond in Audiosuite mode-everything becomes a bit soggy!
However, it does work a treat and has salvaged a few things for me now, including cleaning up a really bad telephone recording of a police switchboard, for a rape case - it pulled out really bad noise and cheap microphone artefacts - I digress- !

Have you tried reducing/altering your Audiosuite buffer size in the Prefs -this might be causing a slight delay first time around, which resolves after a playthrough (cacheing problem maybe ?) Not really sure here,but maybe also check the "pre run" (?) setting too -maybe its too long and causing a bottleneck or something.
Are you running a lot of other plug ins in the same session - if so, try removing, then use SSoap, set to replace into playlist, and then carry on with editing afetr shutting down SSoap .

Don't know if this helps, but I do get the feeling that SSoap could do with just a bit more work from Bias, to improve the coding or algorhythm or something, just to improve/reduce CPU usage.
003 & Midas Venice desk
Mindprint DTC
Soundelux U99
Drawmer M-Clock
Old 09-08-2005, 10:46 AM

Kite -thanks for the reply
My SoundSoap2 problems aren't specifically audiosuite related...more just general sonic issues (RTAS or audiosuite)
I'm sure that SS2 is great for telephone recordings, home video, etc. but I do wonder about music applications.
The "bottom end" is very erratic on my "soaped" files. The bass seems to be boosted for a couple of seconds and then the bottom drops out (literally).I also still have a mysterious intermittent "out-of-phase" effect happening after repeated playbacks (and I do notice a sluggishness - SS2 must be a cpu hog).
Bias tech support has been responsive and we are troubleshooting. I am still hoping that it is "operator error".

thanks
Genelec 8030A/7050b