Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Hardware Exchange Program!

I recently aquired some gear I was going to tinker with for fun [I have a pretty big Le system going right now] when I noticed that some of the older interfaces were still clinging to the Hardware Exchange page. I have a pair of Audio Quad interfaces and an SMPTE Slave Driver, plus two PCI cards.

On the hardware exchange page for HD systems I see SSD/VSD to SYNC i/o - I'm assuming that the SSD stands for SMPTE Slave Driver.

It also says Protools 3 [Nubus or PCI] & DSP Farm Card for the HD card.

So far I'm good. The next step up for me is obviously an HD system, and I am about at that point where I can afford it. Especially if I can get some help with the hardware exchange program.

I can't find the AudioQuad interfaces anywhere. Are they too old? Have another name? Worthless [to me?].

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Hardware Exchange Program!

Those 442 interfaces are selling really cheap on Ebay, like $5 and less. They are only four voices by themselves and you need a system axe card which is hard to find to have mutliple 442s working together.