Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 05:15 PM

Default feature request (wish)

Digi,
I'm using ProTools as my main mixing system in a Cinema Dubbing theatre for two years and there are some practical features we're missing right now.
1. Track grouping should be organized in a different way - to permit one fader to act as a group Master and others to follow. This would allow for relative level changes betweeng group members, without always affecting the whole group. Something like MCIs or SSLs system.
2. A possibility to introduce an offset to auxiliary counter, especially in feet/frames mode, 'cause sometimes when you're working with different timecodes than in the original session, it could be helpfull to check old values against the tape or film. Also, when working on film, there are different leaders used (especially in Europe - almost every country has its own), so 0 ft could be moved, without affecting TC, which is normally used for sync.
Branko
Old 08-21-2001, 10:06 AM

Default Re: feature request (wish)

Since we're wishing:

I'd like to be have a good solution for importing Quicktime video into my AV Option system.

Also, I'd like to see both Firewire and O/S X as a part of the whole deal some time soon.

And how about a small, affordable "little black box" that I could hook up to a laptop and get a few channels of AES/EBU I/O, video I/O, reference clock and machine control -- sure would reduce the number of layback machines I need to actually have on-hand.

And a "light" version of pro Control would be nice -- just those wonderful faders and some buttons to access the different layers. Actually, that new (new to me)SAC-2k controller from Radikal Technologies isn't too far off the mark.
Pro Tools 9.0