Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-12-2000, 01:13 AM

Default anyone using the system drive and storage audio drive in the same SCSI chain?

My mac(PPC G3-333mhz) came with an internal UW system drive plugged to the 68 pin internal port on the SCSI atto xpress single-ended PCI-PSC card. Will 001 work if I add another SCSI drive in the same chain bus internaly? Is any body using this configuration? because I don't know yet nobody with this kind setup.Or the best option is to go to an ATA/Ide drive connected to the port in the logic board? The ribbon of the UW drive has already the two 68 pin connector to add more devices to the chain and my unit have still two mor bay internally.

------------------
Ricardo
Old 03-12-2000, 05:36 PM

Default Re: anyone using the system drive and storage audio drive in the same SCSI chain?

Your proposed routing should be no problem. I use the same disk, divided into partitions for applications, documents and audio with no problem.
Old 03-15-2000, 11:09 PM

Default Re: anyone using the system drive and storage audio drive in the same SCSI chain?

thaks to all for your answers. I took a desition before yours back and I'd like to share with anybody there with the same matter:
I search for the best driver performance ata/ide internal and ohh!!god; I bought the Maxtor DMA/66,72k rpm and easily installed and work just PERFECT, faster than the "SCSI drive"? and than any other drive manufacter, yes!!! faster than any others,like you hear!! and so quite and smooth.It was tested againts other drivers and the results was just better. Get info at www.yourapple.com and see by yourself.

------------------
Ricardo