Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 07-18-2018, 03:32 AM

Default S6 Software and EU Control confusion.

We got an S6 in 2016 and it's been a little flaky connection-wise but useable. Recently updated Pro Tools to the latest version along with High Sierra. I've gone into my account and I have S6 V2.2 software available which I understand as we never renewed the support contract for the S6. however, I also have the latest EU Control software (18.3.0) in my Avid account. my first question is, can I run the S6 with PT2018 using the V2.2 software? Second question is, do I also need to install the EU Control software? This studio was setup by the installers when the room was built so it's my first time installing and configuring so I'm green as hell and getting pretty confused by the whole thing! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
S6 M10
SSL Duality, AWS924, AWS948, Nucleus
All Mac
Old 07-18-2018, 06:20 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6 Software and EU Control confusion.

Greetings,

You can find hardware and software compatibility for S6 on the following knowledge base article:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-Compatibility

If you are running a relatively new version of Pro Tools (2018.x) I would highly recommend running S6 version 18.3 software.

S6 (WSControl) and EuControl are different entities. EuControl is specifically for handling S3, Artist Mix, Pro Tools Dock, Pro Tools Control, etc. WSControl is the client software that you need to run on each Workstation you want to attach to S6. I would recommend talking to your local dealer about an upgrade. You likely have EuControl 18.3 sitting in your account because you own an Artist series device or you downloaded Pro Tools Control, the iOS app.

With the proper combination of Pro Tools, WSControl and OS version S6 should be incredibly stable. Please let me know if I can help further.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ