Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 12:41 AM

Default D Verb Authorization Problem

Hi all,
Recently I bought a Protools Digi001 and it's working sweetly since I upgraded my PC.
I probably commited the mistake of not uninstalling the Protools before upgrading. Now, the problem is, my D Verb Authorization disk no longer works since the upgrade. This means I can't assess D-verb. Also, I can't de-authorize it to get back my key. Complete dead end...any advice for me?
Old 03-29-2001, 11:23 AM

Default Re: D Verb Authorization Problem

You should still be able to use the de-authorizer to uninstall the "authorization". This is, if you actually ran the uninstall from control panel and didn't just start deleting directories.

Have you tried this? Just find the Uninstall Authorization program (sorry, can't remember the exact name) - I think it gets installed on the HD as well as stays on the floppy. It makes you put in the floppy and then shows 1 authorization on the HD. Just uninstall from HD and the floppy should say "1 authorization left" and then re-install and go through the authorization process again.

Good Luck
Old 03-29-2001, 05:32 PM

Hi Drunton,
Thank you very much for your input. However, I have already tried what you suggested, but it failed to work. I do believe it's a bug in the feature undiscovered yet by the Digi people. I really hope that the Digi people would look into such problems and consider improving the system for the plug-ins. It is a tremendously painful meet such a situation...
But anyway, Drunton, thank you very much, it was appreciated. Any other solutions?
Old 03-30-2001, 11:45 AM

Contact digi tech support and they will send you another authorizor disk. You may have a backup disk on the way anyway. I recieved 2 backup disks after I registered.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 03-30-2001, 06:16 PM

Yes, I agree, I got 2 disks when I registered, in October. Sorry my suggestion didn't help. I read somewhere about a problem with d-verb so I deauthorized before the upgrade. I guess I was lucky. I wish you luck. Dave