Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Importing Bounced Tracks Back Into Session

When I Bounce tracks to disc, and then import them back into the session, how do I "time lock" them so that they appear in their original position in the session?

For example, I might want to do a premix of several tom-tom tracks down to two tracks in stereo, then import them back into the session, without having to meticulously nudge them into proper position to avoid flanging and other phase problems, etc.

I'm using Mac OS-X, latest version of PT LE, and Digi002 rack.

Thanks in advance,
Curt
Old 04-29-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Importing Bounced Tracks Back Into Session

If you drag your bounced audio onto the track in spot mode (as long as 'auto spot regions' is not activated) it will give you various options one of which being spot to user/original time stamp (cant remember exact wording, not in front of pro-tools) select this and it should spot the cue sample accurate.

HTH

Tom
Old 04-29-2006, 09:24 PM

You might try a marker. The spot mode is a great idea, grid mode might work as well as long as you trim the region to fit. I have done this before without issues lining it up but I dont know what I did except for sure not slip mode which could be a nightmare. If I could get my gear up and running I would play around with it or look back to see what I did. I think I used the trim tool, made it fit to within "x" bars (grid mode) and then just dragged it in to the right spot. Spot mode may be easier. Hope this helps! -J
Old 05-02-2006, 03:55 PM

Thanks to all who answered. We've used PARIS for quite awhile, and are still getting used to the different terminologies. The Bounce to Track seems to be the cat's meow, here.

Until next time,
Curt
Old 05-02-2006, 10:44 PM

Bussing to another track and recording is definatly the way to go, but if you want to import a bounced file and line it up exactly, place the cursor in the same position that you started the bounce, either region start, marker location etc... and then ctrl+click the bounced file with the grabber, this will snap your file to your cursor location. Just thought this might be usefull info.
Peace
Kelsey