Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Switching computers advice???

OK so I'm trading out G4 to a G5 and I just picked up my computer... I have upgraded protools LE so many times and the last disks I have is early 6 something... now on my G4 I have tiger/7.1 and I bought the tool-kit and have the disks for that but I need to get my G5 up to 7.0 in order to match. Is it possible to just copy my apps onto a DVD from the G4 and load them onto the G5? I can't rememeber if you can even do that and get them to work? I think you have to install them right? Also I have an iLok account so I should just be able to load all my programs Drumagog, BFD's, waves, plug-ins and other programs and just pop on my iLok key and be up and running right? The net in my studio is so slow and I guess I could move my computer to a place that has faster internet and download all these programs over again but do I need to do that? I'm wishing now that I had ordered disks for these programs instead of just paying online and downloading cause I have been bad about keeping track of serial numbers and pass codes...
any advice would help...
sam