Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 06:19 PM

Default PT6 well and good but

what about us poor people who took the plunge just before Oct. I bought mine on holiday and if i'd waited till I got home it would've been Oct 1st..
Now as it is I got it on Sept 14th.. Pain in the *****..
Maybe I should wait to buy any more digi product.. I'm having no luck with any of it, no matter what the deal...
Buy a digi001..then the factory bundle comes out.. Buy a samplecell card... card gets dropped... Buy an MBox.. Oh wait wont run on OSX #... fork out more money to Digi.... and I cant even run any of it together anymore....

Sigh.. At least the Nomad Factory bundle looks good
Old 02-04-2003, 06:32 PM

Default Re: PT6 well and good but

Well no matter what date they choose.. someone's bound to have bought their device a minute before whatever the date is.. This is a no win situation.

As a consumer however.. you should know when you should and shouldn't be buying equipment - be it a Digi product or an Apple or a new car... You won't buy a new vehicle if the new models are just being announced, you won't buy a new Mac just before a MacWorld expo.. and you certainly shouldn't buy a new Digi (or any audio system) a month before AES.

Of course, I make money with my Digi products.. so waiting a month or a day can cost me more waiting than I can earn using their products. The choice is yours.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 02-04-2003, 06:41 PM

True.. but in Sept there was no mention of PT6!

I've a buyer for my iBook and I'm going for the 12" g4 superdrive powerbook so I'll have to buy the upgrade seeing as I've no other choice of OS but OS X...
Old 02-04-2003, 06:56 PM

There's no way you could have come to the DUC after February.. okay June.. without knowing (or hearing the rumours) about PT6. The point is.. someone's going to feel like you do.. but that's just the way it goes.

BTW AES is usually in September (about the 23rd).. so in the future... be aware of what you buy in that part of the year. I bought an 002 on October the 2nd.. but I still don't get to play.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 02-04-2003, 07:08 PM

i'll remember for next time... Sigh... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
The six months for for 002 OSX is the pits...
I was debating selling the 001 and my PC setup and getting the 002 and maybe an iMac or MDD but I'll wait now