Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2023, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Error Launching Video Engine

Guru's

I just want to share...
For Windows 11 the file MSVCR110.dll is not delivered in the installation of Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.03

After downloading and running the exe-file from Microsoft:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...aspx?id=30679#

(64-bit)

And then running the AvidVideoEngine.exe file here:
C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\Video Engine

...then the AvidVideoEngine is working !!!!!
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes !!!!

CPU: Intel Core i9-10980XE
Motherboard: Gigabyte X299X AORUS MASTER E-ATX
RAM: 64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4
Screen card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 VENTUS XS OC
Old 10-04-2023, 12:01 AM
SPAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTLTL View Post
Anybody on mac has this problem? I do! The method with uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot does not help unfortunately.
Avid Video Engine stopped working I think after I installed some pro audio codecs via the mac update function. I dont know if this is related and why on earth should it, but who knows. Previously with the same PT and macOS version video engine was working fine.
So, right now Pro Tools is unusable!
While traversing the web, I chanced upon a website that appears to provide information about steroids. Given http://misterolympia.shop the ongoing debates and controversies surrounding their use, I plan to delve into the website's offerings to gain a more comprehensive perspective on this compelling topic.
Tried with PT 2022.12, 2022.09, 2022.04 .

Im on macOS ventura 13.2.
Thank you so much for your help, I am learning a lot at least. I for one have learned a lot from this.

Last edited by Bonaro; 10-04-2023 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-04-2023, 02:24 PM

Just updated (without uninstalling first) to Studio 2023.9 and had this same Video Engine launching error. I can confirm that uninstalling PT, restart, install PT, restart has fixed the problem for me.

Cheers,
blizzard

Macbook Pro Retina / 2.8GHZ / 512GB SSD / PT 2023.9
Old 11-25-2023, 10:49 PM

Any official stance or update on this issue?

Can't get this to work on my M2 laptop, or my 2019 Mac Pro. In my case the engine simply won't launch. I've been through a litany of "solutions" non of which work. My latest hypothesis is that the video engine (other than likely just being cranky old code) doesn't like APFS formatted drives - a wonky notion I know, but after going half bald pulling my hair out about this - here I am with Pro Tools and zero native video support - and I literally work in video post. I want to switch over from Nuendo, but this is a deal breaker

Suuuuper frustrating and kind of mind boggling that this would not be a higher priority with Avid
Old 11-25-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootles Barnacle View Post
Any official stance or update on this issue?

Can't get this to work on my M2 laptop, or my 2019 Mac Pro. In my case the engine simply won't launch. I've been through a litany of "solutions" non of which work. My latest hypothesis is that the video engine (other than likely just being cranky old code) doesn't like APFS formatted drives - a wonky notion I know, but after going half bald pulling my hair out about this - here I am with Pro Tools and zero native video support - and I literally work in video post. I want to switch over from Nuendo, but this is a deal breaker

Suuuuper frustrating and kind of mind boggling that this would not be a higher priority with Avid
Your theory would have to explain away at least 20 systems (both Intel and Apple M1 and M2) having working video. That’s just the ones I control. Not including the double plus amount in post I work on in Los Angeles. And all SSD systems are APFS.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Your theory would have to explain away at least 20 systems (both Intel and Apple M1 and M2) having working video. That’s just the ones I control. Not including the double plus amount in post I work on in Los Angeles. And all SSD systems are APFS.
Cool - so all I have to do is uninstall, reboot, install, reboot? Done and done again - still no love.

What tf is the actual fix?
Old 11-26-2023, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootles Barnacle View Post
Cool - so all I have to do is uninstall, reboot, install, reboot? Done and done again - still no love.

What tf is the actual fix?
Please explain your system in the most explicit manner possible. (Because Skywalker, Warner, Formosa, Disney, etc aren’t having these issues)
Things can’t be “fixed” that can’t be recreated.