Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 AM

Default Axiom Pro 49 And Pro Tools M-Powered Issues

I'm running Pro Tools M-Powered 8 on a Mac OS Version: 10.6.4 with an Axiom Pro 49. I've done the Peripherals 101 times with M-Audio Keyboard/Hypercontrol IN/Hypercontrol OUT/8 CH. but it seems everything works except the sliders and the knobs. I've restored Defaults and a whole bunch of stuff. Still not working completely. What am I missing in the Setup? Is it a Pro Tools thing, is the MIDI Magic Fairy I own just not working or plain and simple user error (hence the name)? ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Axiom Pro 49 And Pro Tools M-Powered Issues

My axiom pro 49 F1-F7 keys dont work. I have pro tools HD 8.1 running a mac pro osx 10.6.4. I have tried everything. Resets, hitting every combination I can think of, posted a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqLZY2HetE. I think the software needs an update. I really wish that they would look at this and stop sending me the same responses. I have looked at every video, downgraded, up graded deleted plug ins. I have done everything in the manual. The manual does not even cover what each option in the edit window does. I have not found any literature explaining any of those options. I have changed the the options in the load screen, sometimes the transport works, most of the time it does not. I have downloaded the midi application they suggested to test midi function www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ I am at a loss I feel like this thing is gimped. I have sent over 10 emails to Avid, I have payed for phone calls and I talked to someone that has never even used pro tools. Do I need a midi cord, is it not just USB? Does the zone/group button need to be pressed? do I have to hit learn button in pro tools and map it out for plug ins that are not avid? I mean this is just not working. I am really thinking about taking it back and getting a new one just to see if there is a software glitch in this one. Sorry I am in the same boat, this sucks
Old 12-02-2010, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Axiom Pro 49 And Pro Tools M-Powered Issues

I am using an Axiom Pro 49 with Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.4 and a MIDISPORT4x4 Anniversary Edition. Everything on the keyboard works EXCEPT the actual Keys. F1-F7, S1-S9, even the transport control (Play, Record) work and trigger the relevant actions withing PT. But when it comes to getting sound from any of the Virtual Instruments via the Keys .... nothing happens.
All testing with MIDI-OX was done.....Signals are coming out of the USB 1 A ,,,, and singanls are coming from the MIDI Out and MIDI In of the Device but none of it seems to be going into Pro Tools itself....

HELP .... this is ridiculous ...whats going on here !!!!

PS. Let me add this was working up until about 2 weeks ago ... the only change to my system that I can point to is the addition of a NI maschine and its accompanying software. But even in the absence of this the problem persists....